The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: My Rubber Band DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10972 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Finally had a chance to view Joes latest dvd.....all I can say if you enjoyed his books ELESTRIX vol 1 and 2 . you will love Joes dvd.
Joe;'s explainations are clear and he takes all the frustrations of trying figure tricks out......
if I had to pick some of my favorite effect, I would say his band and saftey pin routines..this can open some new doors to band magic...............

the godfather of magic
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The rubber band version of the fast and loose has lots of potential too.
Bernard Sim
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I for one was not impressed at all, my comments can be found with a simple search.

Gary Smile
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi Joe,
If we order from you directly can we get it autographed? Smile Between Elastrix 2 and Bandshark I am completely hooked on RB magic. I see mention of Elastrix 1 on this string as well, but my understanding is that you were not involved with vol. 1. Is that correct?
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Yeah! I can autograph any products PM me and I'll give you my address. I was not the inventor of Elastrix Vol.1
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
713 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
GarySumpter,

I'm probably going to make an enemy here, but why were you so harsh in your assessment of Joe's DVD? This is one of the problems with on-line chat spots, because I think people's manners deteriorate -- they say things online that they would never say in person. I am sure that in person you are capable of great tact, but your message here, as well as your comments in the review section, do not demonstrate that ability.

There are probably 50 ways you could have said what you did in a more informative and more constructive manner. But you chose not to. Why?

Don't you care how you appear to the rest of the community?

Joe has produced enough quality rubber band magic that he does not need any endorsement from me. He has a good reputation among many magicians. Clearly, virtually everyone else on this post agrees with me. As a creator of magic yourself, how would you interpret one person's negative and nasty comments when that single individual is the only one making them?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
JoeHohman,
You just won my loyalty as a fellow member of this community. You said, in print, what I am sure the rest of us were thinking. Sure, it's okay to have your own opinion about somebody's work, but why tout the fact that you're not a fan on a string that was originated and encouraged by fans?

Gary, we all respect the fact that you have an opinion, but in my opinion... you can keep it to yourself. Didn't your mother ever teach you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." ?

Mr. Rindfleisch,
Thank you for sharing your talents with us. I, for one (two, three and four), am grateful (and looking forward to Elastrix vol.3 Smile).