The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Effects with Matches (wood or paper) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-08-28 03:26, Kjellstrom wrote:
Im looking for effects with matches.

Mats,

I've PM'ed you.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
From Magic City Library booklet no. 19: Cigarette paper is wadded up and placed in ashtray. Card is selected and lost in deck. Magician takes match from matchbook, lights ball of paper. Flash of fire and, remaining in the ashtray is a pip indicating the suite of the card. On the head of the match is written the value of the card.
Nicholas
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Martin gardner put out a small booklet called "MATCH-IC" published by Ireland Magic Company around 1935.

There are about 70 impromptu tricks with both wood and paper matches. Many are more puzzles than magic.

This is just a source and not a recommendation.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
Michael Skinner has another great match trick on his videos, where he vanishes 3 matches under a hanky, one at a time, and then reproduces them.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
frankw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of frankw
Bill Goldman has an effect with a matchbook ala karate coin, is looks so great!
Also in Michael Weber's "Live Savers" are great routines. Tom Mullica has a routine in Apocalypse and there should be much more.
Frank