The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Difference between Ninja Rings and Royal Magic Rings? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
I have 2 sets of Ninja Rings, they are seamlessly weld, 4.5 inches diameter, made of thinker wire, and the key is bevelled, which shows some attention to detail. There may be other rings on the market with better quality or lower price, but the Ninjas are perfect for me.

Having said that, I also have many other sets of rings, and honestly the quality of the rings don't make the moves easier to perform, and as Pete Biro said, it doesn't matter to your audience what you use.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
531 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I agree with respho,it is in the HANDS of the beholder...

I have a set of rings, 12", that I got from Ron McMillan 30 years ago, and every now and then I have made "improvements". How? For every year th o*****g gets bigger and bigger!
And that goes for my 4" Empire set too, Hocus Pocus Member: $7.95 if not $9.95!

And the crash linking! I picked up that from Dai Vernon's "Synphony of the Rings" (by Lewis Ganson, also 30 years ago!!) and a wider gap gets the better and more silent link. I mean, what are you afraid of, with PRACTICE, experience and confidence you can hide a 1" gap in a 4" set of rings!

Next time you do the rings out there, 12", 4" etc, try it with the biggest gap your hands/fingers can hide, and suddenly you will find what the phrase "getting away with murder" really is about!
And the linking is MUCH easier!!

It is not the props that makes the magic...
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I have no problems practicing with a wide gap. I am starting to think, unless I got a bad set, that another reason Ninja rings may be better than Royals is because the Royal rings have too small a gap. The sight of Shoot Ogawa on DVD working with a gap 3 times the size of the ones in my Royal rings certainly gives me pause for thought. Agreed?
kerpa
a/k/a Mike Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
531 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Yes Mike, agreed!

And the size of the gap, to big: push! Too small: pull!

In my opinion: pull!
A big gap, a silent and more magic crash linking!
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
As mentioned above, pushing or pulling is the easiest way to widen or close a gap. I prefer to do things the hard way. if the set is not plated I would make the gap bigger by cutting it with a dremel (a tool every man should have). if beveling is desired you could also do that with the almighty dremel. again I would only do this with non plated cheap set. the only set I have is one of the cheap sets. I don't know if its royal or empire, I just know I only paid like 10 bucks for them. I didn't know that bevealing would make things a little easier so I will have to bevel mine.
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
Ggarcia - doggone! In 30 years I've never made the crossover of dremel from garage to magic. What a great idea! I can't believe I never made the connection. Thanks!