The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Paddle recommendation required. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated, since starting this thread I've purchased Turbo Stick as that seemed a very popular choice and managed to get my hands on another Jumping Arrow.

On a side note I've also been playing around with a paddle routine using a basic Bic lighter which has possibilities Smile
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1653 Posts

Profile of randirain
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
Based the on recommendations in this thread, I purchased the Turbo Stick. Thank you. I absolutely love it. It is so simple,please and gets great reactions.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Paul Green had a great routine called "Pygmy Paddles" where he used plastic stirrers? of some sort. I saw some paddles in the used section a few months back. I believe he performs it on the "Live From the Jailhouse" dvd set. It may even have a brief shot of it on the trailer on penguin.

Yea the Jailhouse DVDs will be available On Demand at Reel Magic for all ON Demand or Max Subscribers....

$5 a month.....no long term commitment
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
120 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
A new paddle worth considering: Baffling Blocks (lego blocks).

https://www.amazekids.com/magic/close-up......-blocks/

Bruce
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I know I'm late but imo all paddles are illogical. Where have you ever seen such a thing in life. If you want to be more magical make one impromptu at a coffee shop or restaurant out of a stirrer. If that's not possible do color changing knives. At least they are something you might have a reason for carrying.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I know I'm late but imo all paddles are illogical. Where have you ever seen such a thing in life. If you want to be more magical make one impromptu at a coffee shop or restaurant out of a stirrer. If that's not possible do color changing knives. At least they are something you might have a reason for carrying.

As magicians we often carry illogical props however with the right presentation you can justify anything and make it appear to logical if you have some imagination.
I have a great little presentation for the amazing jumping arrow which always goes down very well and not so long ago at a wedding I was performing Turbo stick for some children but believe me when I tell you the adults reacted just as much as the children if not more, using that logic your missing out on many fantastic effects and more importantly so are your audiences.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, warren wrote:
using that logic your missing out on many fantastic effects and more importantly so are your audiences.

If it's OK with you I'll stay in my comfort zone. I'm not trying to be snarky just different strokes for different folks.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, warren wrote:
using that logic your missing out on many fantastic effects and more importantly so are your audiences.

If it's OK with you I'll stay in my comfort zone. I'm not trying to be snarky just different strokes for different folks.

Haha nothing personal I was just making a valid point the same as you my friend....each to their own Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have used Jimmy Rogers' "I'll Start Again" variation of the WEdward Victor Bat Trick for years and always kills. Look for it on my web site. www.pete-biro.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
HERE IS THE LINK - https://youtu.be/Su7E7RhwrOQ
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for sharing Pete, I'm sure Richard Sanders credits Jimmy Rogers on one of the routines taught on the Turbo Stick DVD Smile

On a side note the Baffling Blocks looked interesting too Bruce thanks for your input.
kimwizard
View Profile
New user
Muscatine, Iowa USA
48 Posts

Profile of kimwizard
I really like paddle tricks. But only a few stand out for me. My favorite is the turbo stick. I get amazed reactions. Go for it. KM
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm still using the set of "ENARDOE" knives that I spent about five bucks for, in the '50s! heehee
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK