The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ellis Finger Ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Fort worth Magic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Fort worth Magic
Thanks for the imput, I will try one out, always looking for something new. Being bigger than the norm (I am 6'5" and not a thin fella ) makes it had to find some props, but on the other hand it is noce to be able to palm a whole deck of cards sometimes!
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Is this a ring by Tim Ellis?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO... actually the original was a round harness ring, roughly 2-inches in diameter and the "Ellis Ring" was created by an English magician named Jardine Ellis. There were some early books with routines using this ring. Then Jay Marshall worked out a series of effects with added rings and called the set "Jay's Jinking Rings" (I think still available from Magic Inc., in Chicago.

Then Johnson Products produced a beautifull ring, in brass, that is far more precise and harder to see the "gimmick" than any ring before.

The new ring, by Chazpro is a squared off edge ring about half way between the size of a standard finger ring and the Ellis ring. It is as well made as the Johnson ring... but has a couple of very slight differences in how you get in and out.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Thanks Pete, I will buy one. I found an earlier post stressing the good qualities of the Johnson products ring. After this thread, I would like to try the Geminini in brass.

QH.