The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Finger ring stage routine (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, ddamen wrote: One of the reasons people love Allen's Pain Game is because the props look completely innocent and normal.

Not everybody loves it. This trick and those similar to it have recently been banned from being performed at the Magic Castle.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Bill Hegbli
How dare you be so blunt? However, the same thought was running through my mind. I guess you get condescending in old age. In days gone by the term was wiser.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I'm in the "ring should come from the audience" camp.
If you have insurance, know what your insurance covers, and use common sense with the rings. You should have nothing (or very little) to worry about.

I think anytime you borrow an object, you make the performance way more personal, not just to the person you borrowed the object from, but the entire audience is now better connected. Same with a $100 bill trick.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
When one asks for advice, the only acceptable response is, "Thank you," regardless if the advice is good or bad.
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Al Schneider wrote:
When one asks for advice, the only acceptable response is, "Thank you," regardless if the advice is good or bad.

Yes, except when the response is insulting.
Pirouz
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Let me offer another word of advice, don't take my advice.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Pirouz wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Al Schneider wrote:

Yes, except when the response is insulting.

That is just a copout to responding the unknown factors for clarity. Ihop?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
A co-worker saw a Vegas (or a cruise) show that borrowed 3 rings, and linked them. It impressed him.

A few months ago, Scott Alexander did a PM Live event, and it included a linking finger ring routine. All 3 rings were borrowed, but there is s gimmick involved. I thought it looked very good.

So, I would think it could play well, but as mentioned, it may be the volunteers that sell it to the rest of the audience (for Scott's routine, he had them stay seated, but they were used during the presentation to verify that it was their ring involved).

Personally, I could not say how large of an audience this would play for, but I think it would be excellent for parlor.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking