The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Magic with Chess pieces (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
I saw a which hand effect from a chess piece being performed by Chris Ramsay.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10005 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is one part of this game that can be considered magical. When a piece is lost/killed it is removed from the game forever, except ..

when the lowest piece on the board, a pawn, can reach the last row of defense of the opponent, it can be used to "bring back to life" any dead piece.

Perhaps a captured piece, such as a Knight, is given to a spectator to hold. Later, a Pawn is given to another spectator to hold.

The second spectator counts to six or takes six paces. The pieces are found to have changed places.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Thorn (UK)
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
52 Posts

Profile of Thorn (UK)
Surely a simple colour change from a white piece to it's black equivalent would be a nicely visual simple effect.