The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring and string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Who the heck is this guy and what routine is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pyk_9Xvos
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
He is doing a series of fairly standard moves, but combining the ring on rope with some Fiber Optic type moves was novel. It reminds me a little of Full Circle, but I don't think this is anyone's commercial routine.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I went ahead and ordered Greg Wilson's ring leader DVD. I enjoy watching Greg perform.
I'm sure I can take it and come up with my own routine.
todd
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
Excellent choice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2546 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
I saw it mentioned earlier.....I wonder how many of us old farts still get some fun performing with a Jardine Ellis Ring?

The first time I ever saw this demmed was by Alan Alan in his Magic Shop in London - it must have been around the late 1970's. He put it so cleanly on & off a pencil (instead of a cord) using no other cover apart from his hand; and then also used the same pencil for a levitation effect using the much overlooked Dual Control gimmick. As a young lad, and for the first time in my life, I thought I was witnessing real magic....as well as receiving my first lesson in how to combine two effects that compliment each other so well.

Little surprise really that despite spending a small fortune on other tricks that have been purchased, stored, gathered dust then sold over many years, the aforementioned effects are still in my repertoire.

I remember the J.E. Ring cost me £1.50 - that was about a month's pocket money back then! I think it was worth it as I still use it often - and it still gleams like new!
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1163 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Looking for "the best routine that is not too hard to learn," in my opinion is asking the wrong question. It reminds me of an Ortiz quote about never sacrificing strength of effect, for ease of method. If you want a strong effect, or "the best," which is in itself very subjective, put in the work and be rewarded.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I did pick up the ringscape today at Books-a-Million. It truly is a pretty good effect and magick does a good job teaching it on the DVD.
todd
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Dan Fleshman had some good (mostly standard) moves in his lecture notes, don't know if he put them on his Restaurant Magic DVDs
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ring and string for Charlie

http://youtu.be/s7npvyr73NA
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com