The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Loops Problem (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
Vthegreatone
View Profile
New user
Bowie, Maryland
57 Posts

Profile of Vthegreatone
The evil attackers of loops. Lint on clothes that creat little balls on them. Tight pockets. (Just move it up on your arm, or spread your fingers as soon as you go to the pocket, or crank you wrist out, or even use your other hand to help you open the pocket (which is pretty funny) I've gotten used to them, and I have a set of Loops prepared (if you don't know how to prepare a loop, you might want to look at the videos by Yigal or Garcia from Ellusionist, I think they call them Guerilla tactics with Loops) and another set of unprepared Loops (2) on one side, I pencil mark them so I know what to do in the Magician's batcave (aka the bathroom stall). I've never been successful making my own, and now I'm an avid Loops user because I frankly hate reels and wax.
Magic and Philosophy are One
robsn
View Profile
New user
Germany
45 Posts

Profile of robsn
I've had this pocket issue as well. I mostly wear jeans and the loops often hooked to the seam of the pocket when I took my hand out again. But I found that a certain movement of the hand prevented that. It is hard to explain, but if you imagine the pocket seam as a horizontal line, I turn my hand so that the loop is a vertical line to that. This way it works for me and after a few tries it looks natural.
Geoff Akins
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Geoff Akins
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2011, BryanDreyfus wrote:
You could make a loop large enough to go around your chest. There would be so many ways to get a hold of it that would go as natural movements.

Bryan

At first I thought, "That's a GREAT idea!" and then I wondered, "oh, maybe that was a joke." Now I don't know but it raises the issue. If you DID have a loop big enough to go around your chest (and wore a shirt with some sort of pattern to help hide it) that would give you plenty of stretch wouldn't it? Has anyone actually used this idea?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2015, Geoff Akins wrote:
Has anyone actually used this idea?

Yes. Ron Jaxon's Infinity loop had about an 18 page booklet on it. The "Trinity System" by Subdivided Studios goes over making body bands with their hardware and IET and shows a floating bill effect (I believe) on the dvd. These are probably the most commercial 2 but others have done effects using full body bands.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Geoff Akins
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Geoff Akins
Thanks, PD! After posting I found more threads that mention body bands...

What a revelation! Lots of possibilities. I can't wait to search out the references you mentioned.