The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: How do you vanish a ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Wadonio
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Wadonio
For the moment I am experimenting a little bit with the gimmick "Ring thief" (vanishing a borrowed ring by dropping it, completely visible, in a borrowed glass of liquid). The ring is later produced from somewhere else. I don't really know yet what I think of the gimmick but I think it can turn out to be a pretty good routine.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Without going into details that will expose it, a double string can prove very useful.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
"The Clifton Ring Move" is a Thing of Beauty, in my opinion......got it from Earl Nelson's Variations....among other incredibly useable bits and routines........ That Book is worth it's weight in gold....
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Flip showed a nice method of vanishing a finger ring in one of his DVDs...
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
To vanish a small object such as a ring I use my Flying Changeover Palm Vanish technique. It's taught in all of my books including the most recent The Book of Destiny. In 21st Century Coin Mechanics it is used to vanish a coin. In Kingdom of the Red it is used to vanish a die and in another effect a wedding ring. In The Book of Destiny it's used to vanish a ball (cups and balls, and billiard balls)

Larry Smile
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Thanks for all the great advices above!
I saw this video and this routine inspired me a lot.
Is the move he uses called "Clifton Ring Move"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC_nfa9tJsY
Thank you very much.
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
I
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
I have seen some rings vanish quickly.... usually when a married guy walks into a single's bar full of women... ;-)
Lynn
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-12-04 20:57, unclesamayen wrote:
Thanks for all the great advices above!
I saw this video and this routine inspired me a lot.
Is the move he uses called "Clifton Ring Move"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC_nfa9tJsY
Thank you very much.
YuYen

Well, I believe that is what he was trying to do, but that was a very poor handing for the move. It is so much cleaner then the handling on the referenced video. So no that is not the Clifton Ring Move.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2839 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just use magic. that's what I do................Richards any ring works great.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
I use also the devil's handkerchief but was looking a long time for a reason why to use it (when you can vanish a ring, why use a handkerchief...) so I came up with the excuse, that I will polish the ring as a little thank you..so I have some polish creme with me and the hank is there to polish the ring...
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1453 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
YuYen have you thought about simply doing the 'French Drop'?
Mentalism in Ontario.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I like what milesart said and when I use silks or handkerchiefs in my acts (whether it is close-up or in my parlor and cabaret shows), I use it to shine the objects. When I am doing something with a ring, I polish the ring for the participant, but I have never actually carried a bottle of polish to complete the thought (the polish would be a nice touch for some, but it is not suitable for me, though I still think it is a neat idea).

You could use that bottle of polish as the object inside of which the ring reappears after you make it vanish...just food for thought!
CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
Well if you're feeling frisky:

Flight 204 Sean Fields is a visual option.

K
be happy
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I vanish the spectator's ring at the beginning of my performance using Lynetta Welch's No Ring Hank. The spectator holds their own ring under the handkerchief until the moment it is vanished while your hands are shown empty both before and after the vanish. I also recommend Viking's Rattle Box which delays the vanish until the very last moment.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Viking/CW makes a good Ring Vanishing Handkerchief that is a little different than some of the others...

The ring size version of the 21st Century Rattle Box by Atlantis Magic is excellent, too.

Julie
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Chance Wolf's Ultimate Ring Grinder is the final answer!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2044 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I swallow the ring. The reappearance takes about a day.

There's nothing wrong with using a ring hank, though I've seen a TT successfully used for ladies' rings. A holdout might also be a good compromise between ease of retrieval while showing empty hands.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
There are many ways to vanish a ring but all methods inherently come with a risk factor still leaving you with the burden of capsuling and snapping the lid shut. As a professional, I prefer to leave nothing to chance (no pun intended) and eliminate all risk factors in my performances. Chance Wolf's Ultimate Ring Grinder is the most practical, dependable, and perhaps the only method I can fathom to achieve this.
vkurchenkov
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of vkurchenkov
Fake transfer is not difficult to master and works well.