The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Linking THINGS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-05 12:31, mickey.w wrote:
Linking cup handles

Quote:
On 2011-09-05 1:09, Pete Biro wrote:
Thanks, I had that and forgot about it.

Me too!
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Bill Thompson of Blackpool's 'House of Secrets' has a trick called 'Squink' (Square link) devised by Isao Komine. It involves cutting two squares (approx. three and a half inches square) from a sheet of checker-board paper. At the conclusion, the magician's two squares are linked together whilst the spectator's are not.

It's quite neat!

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I like the ungimmick version of
linking ropes I use it in my show
everytime and they love it.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Ummmmm....linking PEOPLE...using a Jaspernese thumb tie......it's great...
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I recall a pair of comedy magicians with a linking toilet seat routine. (I kid you not.)
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 19:44, Donal Chayce wrote:
I recall a pair of comedy magicians with a linking toilet seat routine. (I kid you not.)

Yes - The Magic Plumbers. Pete was looking for them and we got him a phone number. Pete: Did you ever get a hold of them?
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Linking playing cards. One that I've been fond of (and hardly anyone does it) is Sexten Beme's One Card Link. It's unique in that you can hand out the cards in linked condition and have them examined closely. It's become a pet trick of mine, and I've developed a handling (and a slight improvement on contructing the gaff) that allows the spectators to shuffle the cards before selection, then a CLOSE inspection of the linked cards, finishing with a visual unlink of the cards that leaves the spectator with all the peices that they can take home and inspect under a magnifying glass if they choose.

I also recall Sankey doing a linking trick with two keys. I've also been working on a linking key and keyring routine of my own.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Yes, Jay Sankey also has 3 Ring Circus - which utilizes 3 split key rings, and Bob Solari put out an effect called Link-key which is a routine with a key and key ring.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I got the names, info. on the plumbers. Thanks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com