The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Scape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
Chris...the ring is no seamless...hence the joke about iy not being seamless in the Fantasma video (and on the dvd as well)...and why you spen the ring and have it still appear to ling even though it's spinning. It's just an amazing effect. It come with two shoelaces , two rings and a couple more effects and props...case in an aluminum dvd case with enough slots to hold several more dvds...like I said...GET IT!...IT'S GREAT!
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

....sorry for the errors in my previous posting...I was not awake enough to have posted...I was just kind of exited that someone replied to one of my posts.
Antway......Chris I hope this helps...I went for the Fantasma effect because I know Simon Lovell likes the effect. All in all it's a good one. JUST my opinion. .
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has both Swing-A-Ring and
Ring Scape and could explain the differences.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I've seen swing a ring but I don't own it. I can tell you that one of the differences would be with the laces themselves. The design of the Fantasma lace is thought to enhance to illusion of the effect.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I received Ring Scape and have done a routine that is similar too the Youtube video. I have shown it a few times with really strong reactions. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 10. This effect is easy to do!

Rick
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-09-21 14:27, Rick11 wrote:
I received Ring Scape and have done a routine that is similar too the Youtube video. I have shown it a few times with really strong reactions. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 10. This effect is easy to do!

Rick

Rick,

Did you end up buying the item from one of the two sellers you linked to in your posts? If so which one? Also, did the item come with a DVD, the extra shoelace, the extra ring and and the case described by Kurt, below? Finally, what did you pay for it...including S&H?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Quote:
On 2009-09-18 07:27, KURT MOORE LARSON wrote:
Chris...the ring is no seamless...hence the joke about iy not being seamless in the Fantasma video (and on the dvd as well)...and why you spen the ring and have it still appear to ling even though it's spinning. It's just an amazing effect. It come with two shoelaces , two rings and a couple more effects and props...case in an aluminum dvd case with enough slots to hold several more dvds...like I said...GET IT!...IT'S GREAT!

Kurt,

Where did you buy this (including the aluminum case the extra shoelace, the extra ring and the DVD)? How much was it..including S&H?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Turk,

I purchased it at the second link witch is the etrick shop. It came to a little over $16 with shipping. It came with 2 laces and 1 ring and a instruction sheet only, no DVD.

I really like it!

Rick
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I think this can be a fairly strong effect,
when presented with care and confidence.

I also think it’s entertainment value would be greatly increased,
by an upgrade in the style and quality of the lace and ring,
giving the outfit a more professional and elegant look.

My two-cents,
Walt
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Ring-scape is really great! I have performed this about 10 times since receiving it and it has baffled everyone. All the heat appears to be on the ring and nobody seems to question the lace at all. Ring scape is perfect for walk around as there is no set up.

Rick
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Mike,
I bought the Linking Ring with String from The Magic Depot (www.magic.org) for $36.72 all inclusive... Ask for Aaron Smith.

The Instructional CD
2 Shoelaces (w/gimmick)
2 Rings
A few other props (kiddie stuff... or is it. Do it sit down and it's magical if you sell it properly)
The Aluminum Case (will hold several dvds)
All in all a good deal because you get 2 for the price.

Hope this is satisfactory y'all.

Click here to view attached image.
halestorm
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of halestorm
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 21:14, nonvpro wrote:
I ask again, can anyone chime in here who has both "Swing-A-Ring" and "Ring Scape" and explain what the differences are between them?

I realize this post is a bit old but I've had a recent interest in ropes and rings so I've been playing around with them. I picked up UF Grant's Swing-A-Ring because it was only $6. As with most things, I think you get what you pay for. The "special something" didn't hold together. I later discovered the Fantasma Ring-Scape effect and asked the shop where I bought the Swing-A-Ring if the Ring-Scape was $22 simply because it was a better quality than the $6 Swing-A-Ring, and the response was that the two effects work completely different.

Really?

The youtube video mentioned certainly looks neat, but then again, so does Vinny's ungimmicked version.

Anyway, I'd be curious if anyone can comment further without revealing anything, on the Swing-A-Ring vs. Ring-Scape.
David Hale
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Original in the box with DVD for around $15 + shipping on Amazon
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Halestorm,
The two effects are similar to the audience. Somewhat different in the "manipulations", but same underlying principle. Ring scape includes more variations and a DVD.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Ring Scape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMM1ha4nrDs

Good magic deserves to be kept alive ...
hence I would like to put this effect back into the 2013 threads.

People still have no idea how I perform this.
I have no business interest, other in spreading the word about good magic.

This routine is quick, and it rocks.
My grandson is an eagle-eye, and it knocks his socks off.

Highly recommended.

WulfieSmith
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2512 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks, Wulfie, I'm with you!
I just got this trick, believe it or not, and I just love it!
It's awesome, and really frys people, but it's SO easy
to perform...