The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: The best itr (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
My vote goes for the Spider Pen. Rumor has it Yigal is coming out with a Spider Pen 2 and a Spider Watch. Am interested to see how that develops.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I'm one of the folks that wasn't happy with the Spider Pen. It's a great idea and worked some times, but I had problems with short battery life, accidentally turning it on (the reason for the short battery life), losing the cap, getting the thread tangled, and breaking of of the plastic portion of the clip. It also didn't function very well as a pen, which was the reason for getting the pen in the first place.

I have a really old thread reel that needs to be replaced, but right now I'm using IT without a reel, playing around with The Cloak.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
ITR fans might want to look at Sean Bogunia's site. He's coming out with a new product. It's looks very interesting.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Ok I said this before in other threads but it has to be said again. the best ITR is Stefan Schutzers Ultimate Float Controler. I know it is pricey and somewhat hard to come by now but there are the best ever.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Dan Eckert Illusionist
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Dan Eckert Illusionist
I just bought the Thread Boss from sorcery a few days ago. The Vectra thread was not is not that strong, and the reel itself broke within one day of receiving. I have a junk reel from India that has lasted me a year, so I don't think I was handling it wrong or not taking the proper care of it. Sorcery really let me down. I thought they were supposed to make great reels. Does anybody know of a reel that is better than Sorcery's? Or at least will last?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha Dan
Sorcery reels are among the best in the buisness.
I would contact James George at Sorcery about this .
Todd
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
For me,I use the "Boss Reel"w/Kevlar Thread for Close-Up/Parlor work and the "Standard Reel" w/Kevlar Thread for Stage,....both from James George at Sorcery Shop.I've tried just about all of the other reels and like the "Boss" the best.
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
The devices are not that complicated to trouble shoot if you just take the time to learn, but even I went with an Alpha ITR from Sorcery just so it'd have the fastest possible thread repairs. I'm betting the device above just had tangled elastics. Good luck not running into doing repair work or having someone else do repair work on any ITR.