The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Tommy Wonders Ring, Watch, and Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
If you would like to see some photos of my RWW.. please PM me
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
Glenn Aga
View Profile
New user
Laguna Niguel, CA
31 Posts

Profile of Glenn Aga
After a lot of searching and discussion with some who have performed this for year, I've arrived at using the Python (medium) pull (as was mentioned by korttihai_82). This really is a gem to use and perform. Take the time and effort (with help...watch repair, someone who knows how to do some basic metal work, etc..) and you'll be enjoying this truly beautiful and theatrical piece of magic. As an opener for a variety of venues, this effect will become part of your permanent and talked about repetoir!
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Rich Marotta's Mugged is also another alternative to this effect. No pulls.
Bernard Sim
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
The Python medium is great. The original with modifications works good, but the pythion has a better feel to it...
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Glenn Aga

you write..."(with help...watch repair, someone who knows how to do some basic metal work, etc..) You you know first hand how hard they are to make.... "someone who knows basic metal....." If you want to see some photos .. let me know
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I just watched the Tommy Wonder video for the first time. I think my neighbors might have heard me scream out loud. What a shame that man had to leave us so soon.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
256 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Well I too have been one that has put off doing this great effect due to the materials required.

After reading the information and advice this is going to be my project and want to be able to performe it by X-mas

Wish me luck.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Merlin Wolfstone
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Merlin Wolfstone
Will the JOL reel be be a good pick for The Ring, the Watch, & the Wallet; compared to the python pull?
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
The python heavy pull has just the right amount of pull... not to "yank" it... if this makes sence. It has to flow ... attached to a custom harness.... it will not show... just let the pull do the work... I am not familar with a "JOL reel"
PM me if you need any advise on the prop and for images of one
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Yeah, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tommy Wonder is my favorite magician. I had to watch this 5 times.
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
Hello all-

When it comes to the Harness he speaks of, do you think a pair of suspenders would work, or should I invest in making a sort of vest/harness combination?

-Bill
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
100% NO.....it will not work.
Ken W.
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Ken W is 100% correct...
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
It is a fantastic routine but can someone elaborate why the watch at the end has a black leather band and not the silver one he took off in the beginning?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My version of this effect is taught in my book, 21st Century Coin Mechanics. No pull is used and in fact there is no body work. Some basic sleights and a few gaffs make this effect much easier than constructing a complex pull. All three items disappear from the envelope and reappear on the finger, wrist, and in the wallet after the envelope is torn. No devils hank or apparatus is used for the vanishes. The cleverest part is how the watch vanishes. Unlike Tommy"s great version, with mine each item IS SEEN going into the envelope. Click the link by my signature for more info.

Larry
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
733 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 11:53, KenW wrote:
100% NO.....it will not work.
Ken W.

What are people using for the harness?

- Frank
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2202 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 15:14, Silvio Solaris wrote: It is a fantastic routine but can someone elaborate why the watch at the end has a black leather band and not the silver one he took off in the beginning?
Quote:
On 2007-09-11 09:18, Nathan Alexander wrote: Do I have to buy a duplicate watch? Mine is not cheap (not expensive, just not cheap).
No duplicate is needed. The watch can genuinely be borrowed from a spectator and produced from the clock (in the video, the watch does have a silver band both in the beginning and at the end).

Doesn't Tommy Wonder explain several alternative conclusions to this effect in his video, or am I thinking of another effect?
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Another effect.. nest of boxes
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2202 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
My apologies, I was confusing it with Nest of Boxes, whereas this thread is about his Ring, Watch and Wallet. They are indeed different effects.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Hocus Pocus had a mint set made by Mr. WOnder going for almost $3,000 today. It's gone now. As much as I have always wanted to do this effect, if I had bought it I would have made it a display piece. No way would I have done anything to depreciate its value.