The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Tic Tac Talk... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I mentioned Lonnie Chevrie and not John Bannon, because it was said here on the Café that Mr Bannon's is Lonnie's which he had traveled and ended up to Bannon.
Yours,

Ivan
Chevrie
View Profile
Regular user
West Texas
120 Posts

Profile of Chevrie
Mike Caveny's use of the tweezers was a production of a half dollar, kinda like the old coin wand production. The use of tweezers in my coin in bottle routine is more of a visible penetration of the coin through the neck of the glass bottle. This routine definitely pre-dates the Bannon routine by several years. BTW, Niva I love the video clip and your routine. Very cool.
Lonnie
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks. I am flattered. Smile

I love your DVDs, especially the coin in bottle. I am doing the penetration using a striking vanish. The bottle is the perfect size for it.
Yours,

Ivan
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2031 Posts

Profile of Platt
Hello, my DVD, "Catapult!" will include numerous handlings of "Dime in Tic Tac Box". I have over 8 unique versions recorded (many with signed dimes btw) but will probably limit it to 4 or 5 in final edit. I don't mean to boast, but there's a couple of versions where you truly won't believe you eyes. I promise it's some of the most visual magic you've ever seen. With the release of the DVD, I'll have them and other effects up for everyone to view. For months I examined every angle of this prop and every possiblity I could think of. If you like the innocence of an ungimmicked Tic Tac box, you'll love this fairly challenging but very practical material. Yes, Ivan and I share one similar aspect of this effect (and I independently credit him for that) but that's just the beginning. I truly believe I've taken this plot to crazier levels than I thought possible. Needless to say, I'm very proud of my handlings and think you'll love them.

DVD will also include:

Snap Vanish, Fanning Pitch, Chuck Woolery Coins Across, Wipe Away Vanish, Cool guy sleeves up vanish, WSSV (my take on williamson striking vanish), T&R borrowed business card, Dime in Equal Packet and much more. Even two bonus effects with cards. Right now I have just over 2 hours of material. It will probably be edited down to 1 1/2.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Great news about your DVD! When will it be out? Have you been able to play with the new large size tic tac box? Maybe you can add an effect to the DVD... just a thought.

sd
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Any release dates, Platt?
Yours,

Ivan
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2031 Posts

Profile of Platt
It's essentially done. I just need to tweak the editing, artwork and decide who's going to mass burn the copies. I almost wish I could start over. The performances are clear. The explanations are clear. The camera work and lighting is less than stellar. In fact the production is far from professional. Hopefully people can look past that. What's done is done.

BTW, I just showed a bunch of the material in person to David Roth and he truly loved it. Very complimentary. I, of course, was shaking like a leaf.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Lol.

Well I would not mind the production as long as the material is great.
Yours,

Ivan
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
This is all very Tactical.

I am sorry......
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn