The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: What is this string? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thank you Rich and knmagic. I shall continue the search as I really enjoy performing this and the velvet cord makes the handling more convincing than the other materials I have tried.Rich, I have sent a PM.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Well I found the best place to find beautiful velvet cord was a local fabric store. I like to go to the Rag Shop, its very cheap and good stuff!
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Well, if anyone can find GREEN (lime) velvet cord, I am certainly interested. So far, all I have found is black, ruby red, and very dark green. White would be okay--I would just have to dye it green.

Thanks,

Paul (I wonder why he wants) Green
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I can't find velvet cords anywhere, I have even gone to fabric stores.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2005-08-21 02:12, Gideon Sylvan wrote:
I can't find velvet cords anywhere, I have even gone to fabric stores.

Get a shoelace with sparkles.
Just say it's from your Elvis Presley or Elton John collection.
MxJoKeR
View Profile
Regular user
Nowhere, Oklahoma
173 Posts

Profile of MxJoKeR
You can easily have any color of velvet turned into a cord by having a person you owns a sewing machine sew a length of it together with the fuzzy on the inside then its a matter of working it with a coathanger inside out
Do or Do-Not, There is no try--Yoda
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
It's not a velvet cord, it's a magic rope. It belonged to Uncle <insert name here> who was a notorious <black magician, murderer(he strangled people with it),or clown(he strangled people with it, just kidding). Because of the tragedy/magic in its past it has some unusual qualities. Or something like that is what I would use.Smile
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Isn't 'You discuss velvet cord with others' on the list of 'You know you're a magician when...' ? Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay