The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring & Rope by David Williamson (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Very true Al, or if you just want to present it like a magical routine instead of trying to be funny.

I really do not know how he gets away with the things he does at magic conventions.

He once was coming at me during his close-up show, and I felt like I was being attacked. Thus my defensive mode kicked in. Luckily he retreated, as I even stood up to defend myself if he would have come closer.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Quote:
On 2012-08-16 13:00, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The Williamson routine as it stands is kind of short, if you cannot do all his antics, then in my opinion, you will have to add some of the other moves published to it to make a complete centerpiece in a presentation.

You should definitely start with Williamson's work as you will learn so much about magic in this little demonstration, but it is a good place to build from, that is for sure.

Highly recommended!

I think this is one of the reasons I like it. It is easy to follow for the audience and has a few natural pauses for bits of business, byplay etc.
The phases are simple and allow you the flexibility to play with the rhythym when you are developing the routine. It's not techically challenging either but still has some nice magical moments.