The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: Email Spam (PLEASE READ ASAP) :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention that a former Café member (he was banned some time ago) is sending out the following email:

"I got your email from an advertiser at the magic Café. My understanding is that he has permission to use these emails due to a negotiation between the Café and his business. This pre-existing signing up on your part with the Café, constitutes a business relationship, and as such you received the email. It's not my purpose to spam though. Since I am only leasing the list, I do not have physical contact with it.

I'll try and contact them and see what they can do. Once again, I understand how negative un wanted emails can be, so I do appreciate your understanding. It is easier in the future to simply click the link and unsubscribe, but you're right its not your concern. I wish you all the best and much magic in your life. G-d Bless!
"

---------

The idea that a Café advertiser has permission to use the emails of our membership is a flat out lie. The Magic Café has NEVER (see A Few Rules To Remember) given, sold or leased out the private information regarding our members to anyone - and that especially includes our advertisers.

The message that this unscrupulous individual is sending to people is an obvious ploy to avoid the issue of spam. He has obviously harvested email addresses from members profiles and is then using The Magic Café name to avoid the spam issue.

If indeed any of our membership EVER receives emails from our sponsors claiming that the Café is giving, selling or leasing our membership information, PLEASE contact me ASAP! I can be reached at: stevebrooks@themagiccafe.com

Thanks for your time and understanding in this important matter. Smile

Best regards - Steve Brooks
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
michaelmagicart
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of michaelmagicart
The only thing I would suggest is "DO NOT CLICK THE UNSUBCRIBE BUTTON" as in many cases this just lets the "spammer" know that the email address is a valid one and you will continue to receive spam mail. If your email has a "spam blocker" I would use that instead.