The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: A Few Less Rabbits in Alaska, too... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Speaking of rabbits, I just spoke with a friend of mine who performs here in Alaska with two favorite rabbits that he has had for several years. I should say he USED to perform with them, because last night a bear got into his rabbit pen behind his house and ate both rabbits. Apparently the bear had to go to some clever lengths to actually get to them, but get to them he did!

You gotta be tough to survive in the "Last Frontier", and I guess those rabbits just weren't tough enough...

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
The late "Uncle Wiggles" was prob. my best rabbit to work with, one day I let him romp around in the back yard, he contracted some wierd grass borne disease and died within days (according to his vet).

Since that time they sit in their cage on the back porch when the sun is over that way.

I doubt that a bear would wander into the heart of the town where I live but this is another example.

Thanks Thomas for the story.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Ok, Let me understand this; In Alaska you got Hungry Bears, Glaciers, and very very cold weather most of the year, except for the two days of the year that you call summer.....

Hmmmm, I wonder why there are so few people living, in Alaska when the Chamber of Commercials has such a good tale to tell! Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
x-treem: I wouldn't be too sure of a bear not coming into the town. I live in the heart of my town and we have black bears that do occassionally walk down the side of the road. You never can tell.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Thomas,

That is such a sad story. I absolutely LOVE rabbits...

They taste like chicken! Smile
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page