The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Original magicwarehouse gone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
So pitiful, all I have are
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
It looks like the original magic warehouse has been sold. I bought an item last week and never received it. When I tried to contact Howard, after a week I never received a response. The website kept on saying they were having technical difficulties and if you clicked on a link, you received a server error. It looks like the company was taken over by a comic company and the web address is no longer themagicwarehouse.com but now magicwarehouse.com. Gone are the sales that they used to post daily.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, Harry2665 wrote:
The website kept on saying they were having technical difficulties

It also says the retail store is temporarily closed.
Where the magic begins
Marshall the Magi
View Profile
New user
Oxnard, CA
17 Posts

Profile of Marshall the Magi
Interesting. Out of curiosity, I called their new phone number. Straight to voice mail prompting to leave a message. The VM greeting did mention Alternate Worlds and Magic Warehouse. So apparently, they are now a combined business.
- Larry
Marshall the Magi
View Profile
New user
Oxnard, CA
17 Posts

Profile of Marshall the Magi
And their Facebook page has been updated with their new address and phone number.

https://www.facebook.com/magicwarehouse
- Larry
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, Dave Scribner wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, Harry2665 wrote:
The website kept on saying they were having technical difficulties

It also says the retail store is temporarily closed.

If you go to www.themagicwarehouse.com you will get the message of technical difficulties and store temporarily closed. If you to to www.magicwarehouse.com, you will get what looks like to be the 'new' site....but you do not have any of your old orders there. I talked to the people at this site and they said they are not responsible for the 'old' owner.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'm also currently having an issue with them on an order. I received part of it with a note saying another item would ship ASAP, but it didn't mention the other item that hadn't shipped. I emailed them but haven't heard back. After seeing this thread, I just forwarded that email to their new email address, hopefully it will get sorted. I also can't log into the new site to get any previous info on orders, but haven't received a response to reset password on the new site as well. No problem with them updating, etc..., but the communication is non-existent.

I had written a whole lot more about what seems to be the current state of communication and service from many of these companies, but decided no to derail this thread.

Robert
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
After a week of writing emails and phone calls to the various emails I had found to find out about my order...this is what I received:

We are responsible for shipping any orders from MagicWarehouse.com. However we have no access to orders through TheMagicWarehouse.com. Depending on which site you ordered from will detirmine if we are able to directly help you or if we have to forward your information to the owner of the old site.

How can we help you today?

Alternate Worlds
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
180 Posts

Profile of lekin
Interesting. The logo for the new store appears to be the same as the old. I have been going to the old site for several days and getting File Not Found 404 Error messages. Seems like a bit of a sloppy transition.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I would be very cautious about ordering from them, at least at this time. I still can't get a response from them and can no longer find an Email address on their website. They do have a contact from, but so far I've had no response.

Robert
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2206 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The 404 error sometimes occurs when you are migrating your webstore from one server to another. Let's hope that is the case.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I did finally get a response and hopefully they will get me sorted out. There is currently two different operations going on, one on the old site and one on the new site as I'm told. The old site ss supposed to be filling orders from the old site, etc... From what I understand, they are currently both owned by the same owner but run independently with the business, possibly, being transferred over to a new owner. I did tell the person that Emailed me that they should let people know what was going on and maybe post something on the Cafe as well. I did just check the old site and it currently seems to be partially working.

Robert
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
180 Posts

Profile of lekin
I am still receiving a 404 Error when I attempt to access the old site.
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
I also get the 404 error when I access certain functions. It is strange but the website posts new sale items almost everyday...but you cannot access your account to actually log into the place to order.

I sent the owner (Howard) two emails over the past few weeks asking if he was still in business. There has been no response over that time whether you can order from the site either now or in the future.

Coincidentally I got an email a few minutes ago from the owner. He said you can order without signing into the site.
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Coincidentally I got an email a few minutes ago from the owner. He said you can order without signing into the site.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Well, after a lot of time and Emails and waiting for any kind of answer, I finally got one of the two items that were never sent. The stock was so old that it doesn't work, but that's not on him. However, I still have never received the other item and he won't even acknowledge it. I would be cautious about ordering anything at this time.

Robert