The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Magic Castle For Sale - listing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Hey Pete,

Let's you and I buy it.

How much you got?

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Wow! That is interesting news!

I'm in for twenty bucks Steve!

Lyndel
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I think I'd rather put a Kitchen in the back room of Dean Dill's Shoppe and go there twice a week. Smile
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
I will borrow $20 from Steve..put me down
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
272 Posts

Profile of elmago
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 22:41, Pete Biro wrote:
I think I'd rather put a Kitchen in the back room of Dean Dill's Shoppe and go there twice a week. Smile

He already has a fridge fully stocked, a coffee maker with coffee made, sweets and candy all around. There always seems to be some kind of pastry. What more do you need? Smile
MR
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Steaks.
J.Dunaway
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of J.Dunaway
Why does everyone shun the Magic Castle? Are they true, the whole "bad politics" "solely political" stories?
Casey Sullivan
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Casey Sullivan
I don't think everyone shuns the castle. I don't and there are several busy nights there!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
The Castle is fun, but it lacks verve to me. It should push the art forward, not hold it back. It does seem very political now and out for a buck - talk of cabaret girls? People go there for a magical experience, not just to booze it up. More magicians might become members if it served more interests.

Although...Pete, Dean's place is a lot closer to me. You may be on to something!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
With over 5,400 members it would be hard to say anyone is shunning the castle. At the annual membership meeting they spoke about the pending sale of the property and that the castle was working with the owning family to look into potential avenues the castle might take including purchase of the property by the academy, a new lease from the new owner (such sales of such large blocks of property in such expensive areas do not take place quickly). The current owner has had a long relationship with the castle, including two of the family members of the group , one running MFB and another running the Magic Castle Hotel, that they are trying to make as conditions of the sale the preservation of the castle in the operating hands of the Academy.
There are politics in any organization, and the Castle is no exception. One always desires the utopia of a totally politically free environment, but no such thing exists or is likely to exist except perhaps when an individual is stranded alone on some desert island. If you don't like the trend of politics in some organization, join it and take part in its political process. Every organization is more than willing to find a better way of doing things. If you have one, get with the program and show them.
And while Dean's place sounds like a cool place to meet, I think we would all be better going over to Pete Biro's for steak, besides I'm sure his bar is better stocked.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Is the Magic Castle closing? Got an e-mail from my younger brother suggesting such a thing.

Truth or fiction?

Thanks!

RevJohn
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 22:41, Pete Biro wrote:

It'd probably be easier for me to get booked at Dean's shop than it is for the Castle.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Rev John... NO not closing. Possible new owners of the 11 acres of prime property it sits on. There are other properties on the ground, Yamashiro's restaurant, apartments and hotels. And lots of empty space for condos with great views. The Castle would be (and is) a great attraction and would likely continue as it is with any new owners.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hey, I'll chip in why not. So how much for a brick or a barstool at the table?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi All,

Put me on the list. I'll approach our National Lottery for funding! That's guaranteed the purchase of an ash tray or two!

Lester
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Pete,

Thanks for that information!

RevJohn
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I happened to be driving up to the top of the hill, to Yamashiro's to pick someone up and there was a group of Heavy Hitter types with a real estate salesman looking over the VIEW... Hmmmm...
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 16:09, Payne wrote:
It'd probably be easier for me to get booked at Dean's shop than it is for the Castle.

Yeah, man...you really *do* need a trim!
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland