The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Criss Angel on CSI:NY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Saw the Promo tonight for this week's CSI:NY featuring an episode revolving around magic and Criss Angel. Looks like a good one!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 23:08, Skip Way wrote:
Saw the Promo tonight for this week's CSI:NY featuring an episode revolving around magic and Criss Angel. Looks like a good one!

for as long as the CSI team doesn't do anything to attack magicians or our craft I will be fine with it. Science and magic sometimes contridicts each other and other times they go hand in hand.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2007-02-26 18:21, ibm_usa wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 23:08, Skip Way wrote:

for as long as the CSI team doesn't do anything to attack magicians or our craft I will be fine with it. Science and magic sometimes contridicts each other and other times they go hand in hand.

huh?? you serious?
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
What night does it come on? I don't wanna miss it.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I just found it, wednesday. Here is the decription:

SLEIGHT OUT OF HAND

When world-renowned illusionist Luke Blade brings his act to the streets of New York and two of his crew members are found dead in ways that mimic his illusions, Mac and the team wonder if his tricks have become reality.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
BRodgers, It airs this wednesday at 9:00 PM.

p.s, I saw the promo for this one too last night, Oh this will be a good one.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
"Luke Blade"?? LOL!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Who on earth came up with that name?!

No really!!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Just curious...All sarcasm aside, what name would you have picked?

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Razor luke Smile

No really!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Any comments about his turn as scenery chewing villian?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I didn't like it. I never really liked csi. I new right from the start he'd end up as the killer.

And it was another hour of him I didn't need to see.
-Matt
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Someones bitter. . .

it was entertaining. I enjoyed it. Cool Spin on things.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We happen to enjoy CSI...prefer Miami over NY though. But this episode was equally as entertaining as any of the others...Well done Criss!

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 08:38, Matthew W wrote:
I didn't like it. I never really liked csi. I new right from the start he'd end up as the killer.

Then why did you watch it???? LOL

I had ZERO interest in seeing the show so I DIDN'T watch it. Its the same for Mindfreak... I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. I'm not one to jump on the camera trick hero worship bandwagon. I'll wait to see his live show before having any opinion on his magic.

Now with that said... I have nothing personally against Criss. I think appearing on CSI was very clever as it was sure to bring fans of his to CSI and CSI fans to Mindfreak. Better ratings for both I'd think. With the live show up and coming in Vegas getting more people ( other than his current fan base ) to know about him is a good thing as well.

The CSI appearance was just one more clever step in a promotional campaign that has worked very well for him. Criss and his team know what they are doing in this department. The twist at the end was yet another surprise as most of fans would probably be expecting him to NOT be the killer. You never know whats coming next from this guy.... and that's a good thing in the magic business. Gotta give him credit for that!

Best,

Tim
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I actually enjoyed the episode. I'm a fan of all the CSI shows, but haven't really gotten into CSI: NY. Before the episode, my older son and I had an discussion as to whether or not Criss Angel would be the bad guy. I voted "no" and he voted "yes". I gotta buy him a soda, now!

I did like it when the Gary Sinise character (see, I don't watch enough of the NY to know the characters names) did the paper rose to real rose trick and commented on the mechanics of the trick, but wouldn't reveal how it was done because "a magician never reveals the secret."
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
I was disappointed in it, Criss is a good actor as he is an illusionist, but the CSI team seemed, in my point of view, tried to attack the art of magic, they began to jump to conclusions before they ran the tests, which isn't a very scientific thing to do. Prehaps Jerry Bruickhimmer (SP?) and the crew of the CSI series didn't like or were afraid of magicians during their early childhood years.

-Guy Jarrett

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 10:59, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 08:38, Matthew W wrote:

Then why did you watch it???? LOL

I had ZERO interest in seeing the show so I DIDN'T watch it. Its the same for Mindfreak... I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. I'm not one to jump on the camera trick hero worship bandwagon. I'll wait to see his live show before having any opinion on his magic.

Now with that said... I have nothing personally against Criss. I think appearing on CSI was very clever as it was sure to bring fans of his to CSI and CSI fans to Mindfreak. Better ratings for both I'd think. With the live show up and coming in Vegas getting more people ( other than his current fan base ) to know about him is a good thing as well.

The CSI appearance was just one more clever step in a promotional campaign that has worked very well for him. Criss and his team know what they are doing in this department. The twist at the end was yet another surprise as most of fans would probably be expecting him to NOT be the killer. You never know whats coming next from this guy.... and that's a good thing in the magic business. Gotta give him credit for that!

Best,

Tim

I watched it to see the magic.
-Matt
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Too bad there wasn't any magic - except for the trick Gary Sinise did, of course. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Quote:
On 2007-03-03 22:34, airship wrote:
Too bad there wasn't any magic - except for the trick Gary Sinise did, of course. Smile

LOL
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com