The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: GENII Forum is back up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KYTerry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of KYTerry
Jon Racherbaumer & Dustin Stinnet are running the forum which will free up Richard.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Richard's post:
"Dear Readers of The Genii Forum,

"The outcry over the demise of The Genii Forum has persuaded Jon Racherbaumer, Associate Editor of Genii, to come to the call and take over my duties. Over the coming weeks you will see some small changes to facilitate his work. In the meantime, we would be grateful for the vigilence of all of our members in keeping an eye on things. Please spread the word that we are back in business!

Richard Kaufman
December 13, 2002"

This is very good news, and I'm glad they're back up and running. The challenge will be to make the Forum a little less of a sounding board of one person versus another than it had been at times recently. Richard seems to reference that in his request for vigilence.

Welcome back, Genii...
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I've visited that forum a few times. I'm glad it is back up and running, and it's good that they're going to be a little more strict about the arguing. Some of the debates I saw were...less than friendly.
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
This forum is the place for "civil arguments"— they are pretty liberal here as far as content and tone of an argument.

In the Genii forum, it's a little more of a "free for all" which can be fun if you're a mean old man with no patience for idiocy or a stupid statement made for the express purpose of causing a stir.

I'll admit that Genii is not the place for a 14-year old to open a subject with "Who's better— Vernon or Marlo?" They'd eat him alive! (As he should be.)

This is a place to relax and have fun— I like to contribute to magicians asking for legitimate help— and make fun of those whose only pupose for being here is to see their name on the topics list.

Both places are wonderful in their own way and I look forward to visiting both every day.

Dave
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Very, very, welcome news.
Merry Christmas! Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
How does one participate in the GENII forum?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or BUST 2003!
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
I believe you go to http://www.geniimagazine.com where you can find the link to join the forum.