The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Card T (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Where is the best place to buy a card table from.

I would prefer from the UK as postage would be cheaper but am willing to buy from USA.

Thanks Smile
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1805 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Kukram,
What do you mean "card table", is it for a specific trick as the only things I know called card tables have 4 legs that unfold and the top is heavy board.Nothing to do with magic that I am aware of.Do you mean possibly a close-up table ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
I have never bought a poker table as they are not hard to make. Get a top cut to shape from plywood, cover it in a thin layer of foam, go to a pool/snooker hall and buy an old snooker table cloth to cover, turned over.
Fix this to any old table. Putting a lip around the edge can be done with a bit of foam and fake leather.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thanks Tommy that is a very neat idea!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Yes, an actual card table for playing poker......oh yeah, and practicing sleight of hand Smile
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
If you're looking to buy a card table that folds up and has 4 chairs that fold up, my recommendation is to check Salvation Army stores or Thrift shops or 2nd hand shops. If I go into one of those stores, I typically see a couple of card tables sitting folded up, usually for 20 or 30 bucks. I've got one at home, it's a great surface for playing cards or performing/practicing magic.
tjo'
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Kukram,

Tommy's idea is great. Unfortuantely I do need a table that I can fold up. So, I've bought whats called a luxury bridge table for about £104incl post and packing from Countrywide Computers in Cambridge UK. If you are interested, you can phone them on 01353 740323 and ask for Eric.

Regards,

Paul H
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Paul, is there any pictures I can see of the table on the web?
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Kukram,

If you are based in or near London, then I suggest you have a look at the following 'Chess and Bridge' site. They have a picture of exactly the same tables for exactly the same price as Countrywide Computers. Click on the following web address and then click on TABLES AND CLOTHS in the menu bar. It will take you straight there.

http://www.bridgemagazine.co.uk/shop/

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is a problem.

Regards,

Paul H
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Thanks paul.I checked them out.They are quite good.

Earlier I came across a full sized poker table..A bit more expensive though

Here's the link if anyone wants to see.The fourth one down I think I'll get.Just a plain one.

http://www.poker-chips.net/acatalog/Gaming_Tables.html