The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Likely The Cheapest "Table" You'll Find (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7QN1Z1

I've been looking for cheap, portable table for close up/parlor, and finally decided to try a solid back music stand. I got mine for around $20 scratch and dent. It's quite sturdy and has an appropriate range of height. The only thing I'm not a fan of with music stands is the bottom lip, but it can be used to hold props that are in use.

The lip could also serve well to hide a servante. You get a carrying bag with the stand so I'm sure that could be modified into one.

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2021, will lane wrote:
The only thing I'm not a fan of with music stands is the bottom lip, but it can be used to hold props that are in use.

You can also get a projector stand that is more or less the same thing, but without the bottom lip.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Laptop-Projec......3GEKXRM/

Click here to view attached image.
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
I've got a laptop stand like the one David just linked to. It's a great solution if you don't put too much weight on it. It's fine for cards, coins, cups and balls, etc. It's tough to attached a servante or ditch bag to mine for example, so I've got to have other ways to get my final loads. But other than that you can just drop your close up mat on it and you're ready to go. This table's for busking though, and I don't want to carry a close up mat (or anything else) if I don't have to so what I wound up doing was getting a cheap yoga mat from Amazon and cutting down to fit the stand. Turns out to be an excellent work surface. Mat was $10 or so last year.
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
The one I got was similar to this one: Amazon $15 Yoga Mat. Get the 1/4" thick ones. They're cheaper and plenty thick for a work surface. They also come in some nice colors if you want to add a little zing to your look.