The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: A Question About a Close Up Mat... (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
snaranjo
View Profile
New user
Bellevue, WA
6 Posts

Profile of snaranjo
I am trying to cut out the backside of a close up mat to fit a gimmick. I need to remove the rubber backing without destroying the top layer of fabric. Any ideas how I can do this? I would appreciate any suggestions Smile. Thanks in advance.

Click here to view attached image.
snaranjo
View Profile
New user
Bellevue, WA
6 Posts

Profile of snaranjo
Here is a photo of the backside of the mat....

Click here to view attached image.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3556 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
What is the layering like with the pad? Is it possible to peel the top layer from the backing and re-glue afterwards?
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
You may find it easier to reverse engineer the project. Joann fabric to find the top layer, and even the rubber side, or Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot etc.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Just ran across this post. I have made a few mats with this type of setup. Generally the foam layer is glued across the rubber and the foam glued to the top layer. Some material come with the top layer and foam together from the factory. Either way separating the foam layer from the rubber is tough to do without ruining the mat. Best way is to cut the rubber before it is assembled. However you may need to reinforce the top layers where the rubber is missing so the mat doesn’t sag , but the tubing for the smoke should support that. Geez..... hope that wasn’t too confusing. I have some photos I can dig up for you. Try www.pattsmatts.com Thank you. Hope this helped
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.