The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Flattening Close-up pads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
houdini
View Profile
Loyal user
N.E. Kansas
203 Posts

Profile of houdini
Not sure if this has been asked before. couldn't find anthing in search about it. My close up pad several creases and bends in it. How can I flatten it out so it will be smooth and flat to the table again?
Jim. Thats me on the left,Everyone should know the other guy!
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi, cheap and easy - mouse mat - when it gets tatty, throw it away.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Proper care of our props is very important to the performing arts. You did not mention who's pad you own, as they are not all the same and their are many suppliers.

I left my large pad rolled in a plastic bag, and over 15 years it fell apart. Time for a new one. So I suggest you always store them flat. I have a 25 year old Johnson products pad, I trimmed to the inside of my breif case and it it still functioning very well. So I would say to store them flat in a case of some kind.
Wayne Hackler
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Wayne Hackler
I have an Apollo close up pad made by sterling. Any advice on do's and don't's for it?
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Put the mat under some heavy books to help get it flat again. As for the creases, have you tried ironing them out?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The new foam that is produced today is not nearly as good as the old days. It all just falls apart over time. That is why if you keep your car more then 5 years you have to replace the head liner on the inside and visor material. The foam backing crumbles to nothing.

The same for the close up pads. The foam between the mat and material will not last. As I posted earlier it separated compelely.