The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Custom carrying case manufacturer needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I'm looking for a company to manufacture a carrying case for a table (table-base, table-top, etc.).
I'm thinking a nylon zippered case (like an Alvin Art portfolio) with extra outside pockets.
This will be a small-medium quantity project.

I've done the obligatory Google search and it's a bit overwhelming, so I'm wondering if anyone has first-hand experience or are affiliated with a company.

Thanks,

Eric
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'd check with Frank Starsinic at The Ambitious Card.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check with your local awning company, for something to hold a table base and table top, that would be considered large or extra large, actually. Magazine companies usually give free nylon bags with outside pockets for free with an subscription. I got a nice one approx. 12"x5"x8" for free. Made in China of course. My whole street act can fit in it, even come with shoulder strap.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
You could check with a upholstery shop and have them make one from Cordura or a generic ballistic nylon, I think a thin nylon wouldn't last you very long. What you are describing doesn't sound very difficult to make. You'd just have to draw it out the way you want it to look so a pattern can be made to the correct size of the item you want it for and then add your pocket(s) and whatever type of closures you plan to have for it.
I'm not sure what a small-medium project quantity is exactly since that's a relative term.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Also check with Jay Leslie. He makes a number of custom items to order.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I actually found what I needed in an existing 'off-the-shelf' case. Just have to customize the foam inserts.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Eric