The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Deck of cards... many of them (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Digital Backlot
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cali
115 Posts

Profile of Digital Backlot
I have lots of special decks.. all do different things. where do I place them if I'm walking around. I have four different decks. I find that I'm bending my cards with them being loose in a pocket, and a rubber band around them gets cumbersome
Joel Payne
CEO 3D Filmmakers
www.DigitalBacklot.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I know what you mean. I have the same thing happen even if I try using a fanny pack type of thing instead of pockets. Sometimes they still get warped. You might want to get one or more metal card cases. I don't own any yet but have thought about getting one (maybe more).
What decks do you like to carry ? I like to carry a normal deck, an invisible deck, a "Knock 'Em Dead" and a special blue and red deck that I have set up to do a 2 deck teleportation trick. But I usually have to narrow it down to no more than three and pick which ones I feel like maybe doing.
I would be interested in hearing what ones you like and how you present them.
Good luck! Smile Smile

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
GFord
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
53 Posts

Profile of GFord
I highly recommend the metal card cases. They help keep your cards in good shape!
jb1677
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of jb1677
I will have to second or third the metal card case. Helps keep everything nice and new.

Jason
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
This is where I get my deck protector boxes...two decks can be held in one box...they also have different colours available.

http://www.ultra-pro.com/search_results.......cat_id=1

The boxes are very durable with a velcro fastener to keep the boxes closed.

What is nice about the different coloured boxes is, that you can have stacked decks or an i.d., etc...in it's corresponding coloured box.

Check it out and they are under five dollars a piece.
They are simply called this, "DECK BOX"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can invest in one of the close up vests with pocket for all your magic.

Secondly, you can have a seamstress make you a line of pockets that attach to your belt or velcro to you pants in the back.

When doing strolling magic it takes more than a few tricks, you must routine your equipment on you, just as you would a stand up performance with a table.

Placement is important.

Bill Smile
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Most baseball card shops have a selection of various protectors. I would at least look there and see what you can find.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Mugician
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mugician
Where can you purchase a close up vest or for that matter, any magician's attire? I'd like to get a vest and a jacket.
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 17:43, Mugician wrote:
Where can you purchase a close up vest or for that matter, any magician's attire? I'd like to get a vest and a jacket.

Most of the major online dealers sell the vests. A couple I just quickly found are:

http://www.diamondsmagic.com/detail.asp?ID=4181
http://www.bobjamesmagic.com/merchant2/m......6-00-000

I also see them on eBay from time to time.
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
The metal card clips are great. They keep the cards perfect and are easy to get the cards in and out of.

Brian