The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Table for "buzz saw" sawing in half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Looking for a collapsable table (maybe with wheels?) that I can use for a stage show for the portable buzz sawing illusion. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Have you looked into a massage table?
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
This is complicated, PM me if you want photos of my portable table.

Build two 1x4 frames approximately 30" x 12" with a 1/2" flat side and an open side. Use a strong piano hinge and connect them on the open side short end. Attach 8- 3/4" threaded pipe floor/wall mountings to the inside of the open part. Use a latch or two opposite the hinge to allow closing and storage of the legs and saw inside.

What you have at this point looks like two tubs, connected on the short end by a piano hinge. The pipe ends are inside the tubs, one in each corner.

Then make 8 threaded pipe legs that will thread into floor mountings. Put a cap on the legs to make them floor friendly.

These parts are best from Ace or an Ace Hardware type store.

Cover with Pleather or Naugahyde, something that will look nice.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 23:49, idomagic wrote:
This is complicated, PM me if you want photos of my portable table.

Build two 1x4 frames approximately 30" x 12" with a 1/2" flat side and an open side. Use a strong piano hinge and connect them on the open side short end. Attach 8- 3/4" threaded pipe floor/wall mountings to the inside of the open part. Use a latch or two opposite the hinge to allow closing and storage of the legs and saw inside.

What you have at this point looks like two tubs, connected on the short end by a piano hinge. The pipe ends are inside the tubs, one in each corner.

Then make 8 threaded pipe legs that will thread into floor mountings. Put a cap on the legs to make them floor friendly.

These parts are best from Ace or an Ace Hardware type store.

Cover with Pleather or Naugahyde, something that will look nice.

I have done just that and it worked out very well. Used it for a Theme Park series of shows for Halloween.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 22:50, Father Photius wrote:
Have you looked into a massage table?

/facepalm Excellent idea! Built to hold the weight, sized correctly, collapsible for transport and much more comfortable for the volunteer to lay on than a flat surface. Thanks for sharing! Smile
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are many fold in half tables on the market, try Office Depot and other of this type of store. You may have to cut the legs down a little so the person can get on the table easily.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, everyone.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
JIM... when did you start doing big stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com