The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Look for these trucks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wonderbob
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of wonderbob
Hey everyone.
about 5 years ago I got these 2 trunks for x-mas and they are not looking so good does anyone where I can find these trunks. my aunt who got them for me said she got them from big lots.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Those are really nice, and can see how they would work well for magic purposes.

I know you know, but stores like Big Lots, sells excess stock items. So that would mean, the manufacturer did not make any more, and Big Lots was selling off the unsold merchandise left over.

Buy not looking good, do you mean you miss handled them and they are falling apart, or are you saying the materials they are made of is not lasting after just 5 months.

I think they look great, the more beat up the better as I see them as 'well traveled' cases. Just glue felt material on the inside, that will help strenghten the cases as well.

Why did you keep such a great find to yourself and not tell us about it, we have a Big Lots in our city.
wonderbob
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of wonderbob
Well I found this site a few months ago and I got these 5 years ago.
Well if you look in 1st picture the black thing is coming up and in the 4th pic on of the locks fell off
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, try contact cement on the black thing. New locks can be purchased at hardware stores and shoe repair stores, they usually have latches and handles for luggage.

Usually wood can always be repaired, read some cabinet building books for tips.

I just love those cases.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I have seen cases like those at JoAnn and Michaels craft stores. They all have different themes and decore on them, and come in all sorts of sizes and designs. Very cool idea indeed!

I am always on the lookout for unique boxes in which to store and carry my props, as well as being able to tie them into any routine.

I think William was dead on with repair ideas. Any of them should work, and furthermore, you can just come up with other things to fix them with as you go along!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I imagine that Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports or Cost Plus World Market may have something similar.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-06-22 19:33, Alan Munro wrote:
I imagine that Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports or Cost Plus World Market may have something similar.

Pier One Imports and World Market are great for all kinds of props and other things magicians can use! I miss having a World Market near us because the one we had closed two or three years ago. Boo hiss.
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
They look like they could be repaired. I would look at home depot or lowes for hardware and keep them, they're great.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
My favorite place to find trunks like this are a store called Ross or TJ Maxx.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Wal-Mart carries foot locker type trunks from time to time... I think your best bet would be getting them online.
Illuminate . White Label
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Illuminate . White Label
If you like the trunks enough, they are available in Asia.. (yikes)... consider the freight cost
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Ditch the trunks- pick up a couple of aluminum tool cases from Harbor Freight- sturdy, good looking and hold a metric f-ton of gear.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."