The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Homedepot... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Home depot has great cases and boxes for my close-up props..and they are pretty attractive cases as well!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4008 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Great idea. I get my AV cases there. MUCH less expensive than getting custom jobs.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
65 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Good idea. I will have to check there. I'm in need of some larger prop cases. Thanks for the tip. Rob
clownybeth
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin
106 Posts

Profile of clownybeth
For those who twist balloons, Home Depot also has these fabulous, durable tool caddies with a gazillion pockets. You simply slip the caddy over a bucket. They are great for storing specialty balloons, and you can put your apron in the bucket for transportation. They're also cheap -- under $15.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
I need to take a trip to home depot thanks for the great idea.
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Nope. Nothing at Home Depot. Stay away.
TrickyEric
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of TrickyEric
I have bought two of their tool boxes for $20 each that look like steel. I use them as prop cases and they are wonderful! I set it right on my table and work out of it.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Clowneybeth I use one of those things that hang off the back of a door to put shoes in for my Balloons. I have made a stand for it to hook to and it works well. each pouch can easily hold a full bag (100 balloons)
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Harbor Freight has some great cases
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I use the cases from Harbor Freight. I had some graphics printed on PVC plastic and it attaches to the front via magnetic strips. The whole thing sits on top of an aluminum tray jack that I bought from a restaurant supply store for 25 bucks.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad31/......Jack.jpg
TrickyEric
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of TrickyEric
Quote:
On 2011-04-08 15:57, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I use the cases from Harbor Freight. I had some graphics printed on PVC plastic and it attaches to the front via magnetic strips. The whole thing sits on top of an aluminum tray jack that I bought from a restaurant supply store for 25 bucks.

That looks very nice! Great idea.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Thank you Eric.. Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I am actually building a "shadow box" illusion based on Andrew Mayne's Specter Cabinet plans. All out of materials from Home Depot and for under $75!

I don't use a case or bag ON stage, so I don't worry too much about what they look like.

However, since I am building a new illusion show, I might build a couple of crates as set decoration that can then double as storage for the illusions once broken down for transport. My son is great in a workshop, so I might have him build me a couple of vintage looking ATA cases, complete with stenciled lettering on the sides.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
dandydimartino
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn
12 Posts

Profile of dandydimartino
Home depot has a rolling toolbox that opens on top with compartments as well as a large section. Add a top board and it is a great travel case. About $50
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 08:59, dandydimartino wrote:
Home depot has a rolling toolbox that opens on top with compartments as well as a large section. Add a top board and it is a great travel case. About $50

I believe I saw on another thread that this was a Stanley rolling case.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I saw a construction guy with one of these pencil pulls clipped to his shirt lapel. Been meaning to go to Home Depot to see how quick it retracts.

http://www.pencilpull.com/product.html
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Just curious how that "World Class Entertainer" on your sign is working out for you. I can't help thinking that if I really were world class I wouldn't have to announce it to everyone.
Is that for a street act or paid gigs?
labound
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of labound
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 16:19, The Cardfather wrote:
I saw a construction guy with one of these pencil pulls clipped to his shirt lapel. Been meaning to go to Home Depot to see how quick it retracts.

Ok, so I checked it out... the thing retracts rather slowly. It sells at Lowe's with a carpenter's pencil. I tried it with and without the pencil, and the pull just seems rather weak. However, I can see using the attaching piece of rubber in conjuntion with another pull. These can be purchased independently at the website (when you include S&H doubt you save any money from just purchasing the pull at Lowe's.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-06 00:28, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Just curious how that "World Class Entertainer" on your sign is working out for you. I can't help thinking that if I really were world class I wouldn't have to announce it to everyone.
Is that for a street act or paid gigs?

I could actually care less what you think about my signage. You do NOT pay my bills, my clients do. My post was intended to help professional magicians, not armchair quarterbacks like yourself.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My Home Depot no longer has anything except the aluminum briefcase. For the longest it also had them in black and red. Is that still true at any of their other stores?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com