The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Table or container for ditching props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Michael
I am looking for some type of table or box without a top on it so I can drop props into it(keeping the props out of sight) after I perform an effect. Any suggestions?
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
What you are looking for is called a servante and there are some excellent ones on the market.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
I use a folding clothes hamper
hokeypokey
View Profile
New user
Chicago
71 Posts

Profile of hokeypokey
I read another thread where someone suggested a clothes pin bag (available at Walmart).
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I use an old baby bassinet. I found it set out in front of someone's house to be taken away with the refuse. The bassinet is on folding legs and came with a covering already on it so it has a professional appearance. I use it both for removing props from and dumping props into after I use them.

I previously had used a laundry basket that sat on a card table with a custom drape around it that covered the the basket and table. I had created custom holders in the laundry basket to hold the props I had yet to use. I still use the laundry basket as it sits perfectly inside the basinet.
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
Walmart has a folding barrel-shaped toy receptacle in the shape of a frog, tiger, elephant, etc. and sells for around $29 Canadian. It's great for ditching at kid shows.

For adult shows I took a plastic pool rack and sewed a black felt bag to it. I added an eight-inch piece of aluminum, velcro attached, piece to the side of the bag and I attach this to the top shelf of my suitcase table. It serves as a servante and a ditching bag as well.

Darryl the Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Has anyone ever tried Dean Dill's pre-maid servante? It goes for 15 dollars on his site. I was trying to make one the other day. But to much frustration, I am almost about to just give in and pick his up. Should I? Or shall I keep trying to make my own?
K-Max
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
49 Posts

Profile of K-Max
Just get a big top hat and come in wearing it. Take it off and go about your normal show and now you have a nice place to dump your props.
Chout
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Chout
How about a firm backpack slightly unzipped at the top?
Or have a friend tag along and ask him to hold your stuff for you.