The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Small table idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Here are a few pix of the new birthday party table I made. I wanted something smaller than my large Lefler table to take into peoples houses. I came across this case at Bureau en Gros (Staples in the US). I reinforced the inside bottom with a strip of plywood and attached a 1/2 inch flange to the bottom. It screws on nicely to a Eureka base. Seems to have plenty of space for tricks and a nice ledge at the back. under to front section are three pen holders, perfect for shapies. I may at some point add a servant/ditch bag off the back to discard finished tricks rather then putting them back inside and cluttering everything up.

Thought you all might like to see some pix for future insperation.

http://www.montrealmagician.com/table.htm

All the best,
John
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is very innovative and a nice table, John
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Thanks James, I'm looking forward to trying it out shortly.

John
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Very nice!

I think the shallow shelves will make places to steal productions after a production of silks, etc.

Keith
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I was inspired by Duan Laflin's table. He suggests stealing from the top of the table rather than the back. I just purchased a fountain of silks and had the same thought as you Keith when I saw this case. I'm leaning toward steals from inside the case, but the back shelf does lend some interesting possibilities. Thanks.

John
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
That's a great looking table John.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 20:05, John1964 wrote:
I was inspired by Duan Laflin's table. He suggests stealing from the top of the table rather than the back. I just purchased a fountain of silks and had the same thought as you Keith when I saw this case. I'm leaning toward steals from inside the case, but the back shelf does lend some interesting possibilities. Thanks.

John

I agree with the back shelf possibilities for steals and it really offers the convenience.
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of greatchach
I couldn't get the link to the table to work - has it been taken down, or is my computer falling apart again?
jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Coundn't find the case John1964 bought up in Canada, but was able to find this. It looks the same.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di......er=36871

john
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Sorry greatchach, I took the link down. The picture in the link John put up looks like the case I bought. Thanks a lot John....couldn't you have posted this BEFORE I started this thread. You would have saved me 60 bucks...LOL.

Good find. BTW I was in my local Home center today and also saw a case similar to the one I bought , 30 dollars cheaper though and it came with a wheeled dolly. Guess the moral to this story is shop around!!!!!

Not sorry I bought the one I did. I've been spending the last few days adding velcro and gimmicks to the case...thanks Duane Laflin.

John