The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Keeping Small Props tidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funmagic
View Profile
New user
Patrick Cordier
29 Posts

Profile of funmagic
Searching through drawers, assorted cardboard boxes and the usual mountains of magic effects looking for a favourite TT or Pull is a thing of the past, in my magic Den thanks to a $2 accessory purchased from a local Supermarket. It consists of a 14 x 24 inch plastic sheet containing 12 clear pockets usually used by women to keep
stockings, etc... in order.

I have a number of these hanging on the doors of my cupboard and now, instead of searching for an elusive silk or other small prop I can see it hanging there safe and undamaged in it's own little pocket.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Great idea! I have spent many hours looking for a prop, only to find it in a place where I put it, so I would not forget where it was, (but I did).

Smile
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-02-14 10:46, funmagic wrote:
...Thanks to a $2 accessory purchased from a local Supermarket. It consists of a
14 x 24 inch plastic sheet containing 12 clear pockets usually used by women to keep
stockings, etc... in order.

I'm not familiar with this (as such) here in the States.
What is the name of the product exactly?

Thanks.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
funmagic
View Profile
New user
Patrick Cordier
29 Posts

Profile of funmagic
Sorry I can't help you Geoff, the plastic tidy gizmo came in a clear plastic bag with no marking, apart from a label marked made in China.

I got mine from a local supermarket so try your local one. Maybe your wife or female friend can point you in the right direction. failing that you may contact me at
funmagic@iinet.net.au
and I'll be happy to mail you one.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Thanks, Patrick. I'll keep snooping around in the women's section of department stores for it.

At the very least, it'll keep the salespeople guessing as to what I'm up to. I love doing that.

Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I found a couple different ones online at Lillian Vernon:

here's one you might like

and here's another
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Thanks, Mary B! You've made my day (and not in a Clint Eastwood way, either).

DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I found an organizer at Canadian Tire.
I think Wal Mart has it too. It's a plastic cabinet with about 12 to 16 little drawers that all open at the same time. It's perfect for a close up show as you can see all the props at a glance and arrange the tricks in order of performance. On the other side of the organizer I've glued one of my posters.
Darryl the Wizard "Order is the first law of heaven." Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
For those of you who do work out of a case, or similar rectangular box type thingy, here's something that I have found crutial to the management of small items such as: TT, rubber bands, coins, etc...

Those little plastic film containters, attatched to the inside of your 'close-up' case, using strips of elastic, will keep those small items and gimmicks under your control.

Also, if you go to your local hobby-craft store, you can find those little zip-lock poly bags in various sizes. I use these little gems a lot.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com