The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Closet For the Magic Room / Office (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Guys and Ladies,

I am moving into a new house and will have an office that will double as a magic room. I have a closet that is not very big (about 5' x 2' x 8'). I would like to utilize the space to put prop, books, silks, DVDs, and feather flowers. What would you suggest? Is there a space system that I can get at a Home Depot or Lowes?
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I found a wonderful Gerstner style wooden tool chest to put lots of magic props in. I got mine at Lowes but I do not see it on their web site. Here is a link to a similar tool chest. Mine has 9 drawers and a top chest and cost around 100 dollars. The best thing about it is that my wife likes it. She says it adds a classy look to my magic 'room'

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ht-002071.html

Cheers

John
The real magic is family!
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
One word - IKEA. For the closet I would look at their shelving solutions. Here is a link to wordrobe options. They would be great in an office. They have doors to keep things private and ajustable shelves to keep things organized. Here is the link...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/catego......m/10449/
Congrats on the new house & magic room!
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Please let us know what you decided upon. I'd love to hear about it.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Thank guys. Really good suggestions. I really was looking for a system to put in the closet.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Lowe's has a GREAT Custom System that you can add to your closet. It has what ever you want. This can always be switched around and if you want to add more to it later you can. All of the pieces are interchangeable. At Lowe's look in the Closet Organizing Section. Here in our store is is around aisle 16-18 right before the paint department if you enter the store on the right side of the building.

Also, if you live near a Wal-Mart they have these 3 or 7 drawer units that are stackable. These are GREAT FOR MAGIC. All of my magic is store in these units from Wal-mart and are numbered and I have a spread sheet for every magic item I own that includes the Date of Purchase, Cost, Where item was purchase, etc.

If you have any other questions please PM me I have a lot of good suggestions that could help. I am an organizational FREAK. My wife says I have Obsessive Magic Behaviour or OMB for short. Sorry but I am a NEAT FREAK.

Rodney

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
When I have wanted to organize spaces in the past I usually go to the Container Store. They have lots of systems of shelves and holders, drawers, and boxes which make things look much better and allow you to organize.

http://www.containerstore.com/

John
The real magic is family!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I agree...the Container Store is a fantastic place and should have the answer you're looking for.

Mark.
magicalmike
View Profile
New user
somewhere and everywhere
28 Posts

Profile of magicalmike
Rubermaid is God. The container store is a nice place to get well containers.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-