The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Beautiful single deck card cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Tweet
View Profile
New user
Maryland
12 Posts

Profile of Tweet
Yes, very classy, and reasonably priced. Thanks for the link. Dou you know if the site is reliable?
Dan
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Those are beautiful! Thanks for the link.

Ron
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 16:40, Tweet wrote:
Yes, very classy, and reasonably priced. Thanks for the link. Dou you know if the site is reliable?
Dan

Tweet,

While I spend money like I really have it. I do not think that these are reasonably priced. the Least expensive is $50 and that is on sale from $80. while they are very nice I see nothing reasonable in their price. But that is just me.

John (acesover)
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Just ordered one. These are gorgeous. In terms of price...you always get what you pay for. There are no bargan basement Porsches. Thanks Kammagic! Pleae PM me if you have other favorite quality items.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 20:05, wcb39 wrote:
Just ordered one. These are gorgeous. In terms of price...you always get what you pay for. There are no bargan basement Porsches. Thanks Kammagic! Pleae PM me if you have other favorite quality items.

Oh please!...You always get what you pay for...you are a dreamer. I have a nice bridge in New York that you may be interested in and some nice ocean front land in Fla. Please do not compare a starting price of a car that sells for upwards of $65,000 to a container for your deck of cards that sells for $80.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2007-04-03 01:10, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 20:05, wcb39 wrote:

Oh please!...You always get what you pay for...you are a dreamer. I have a nice bridge in New York that you may be interested in and some nice ocean front land in Fla. Please do not compare a starting price of a car that sells for upwards of $65,000 to a container for your deck of cards that sells for $80.

Acesover,

These are obviously something you are not that interested in. Other people are interested in one of a kind quality products like this. No need to put them down by calling them gullible. $50 is not surprising for a unique product like this. I am sure he is not selling these by the hundreds. These are specialty items and should be priced more then the massed produced items out there.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Kammagic,

On the contrary. I was very interested in one of these cases. However at a discounted price of $50 from a suggested retail price of $80 I stick by my initial post:

Tweet,

While I spend money like I really have it. I do not think that these are reasonably priced. the Least expensive is $50 and that is on sale from $80. while they are very nice I see nothing reasonable in their price. But that is just me.

John (acesover)

However someone posted that in terms of price you "ALWAYS " get what you pay for. Then went on to use an analogy of a Cheap Porsche. Not beating a dead horse here, but how can you compare a company such as Porsche known throughout the world for quality with a card case manufactured by someone realitively unknown. Anyway if you read my original post it states that they are very nice but I see nothing reasonable in their price. I stand by this statement. Also if you read my last words.....BUT THIS IS JUST ME.

I think they are very beautiful but I just took his statement of "reasonably priced" as incorrect. Are they beautiful? Yes. Would I want one? Yes. Is the price reasonable? I would have to say no.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Acesover,

I think they are reasonably priced so the statement "reasonably priced" coming from me is a correct statement.

So what I am getting from this is some people think these are reasonably priced and you and maybe others think they are not. I don't see a problem with that. Wether the price is too high is relative to who is buying them. I feel their price is justified because they are a unique one of a kind quality item. If they were available at Wal-Mart then yes I would think they were over priced. But from what I have seen this is the only place to get these. Which translates into a higher price.

—Later
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Price is as beauty and is in the eye or in this case in the mind of the purchaser. The more I think about it I am coming around to your way of thinking. As an example Years ago I was an avid Trap Shooter...having said that all trap shooters have a pouch in which they hold their unfired shells as well as their fired shells worn around their waist. You could purchase one of these for around $10 to $15 at most Shooters stores. Well to make a long story short I had a Leather Crafatsman make me one for $75...so I see your point.

John (acesover)
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
WOW!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Sweet, it's a Canadian company? Nice.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, the prices are in Canadian dollars, so that $50 card case would only cost you $45.00 or so.

But there are questions here. Does this case actually protect the cards any better than, say a regular card case with a Porper card clip? Does it hold the cards in the card case or loose? If the cards are loose, can they get caught in the opening of the case?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Great questions. I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks Bill!

Mark.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Very nice. I certainly wouldn't want to play poker with the person who pulls his cards out of a case like that.

Canadian money too. For you Americans, you are getting a nice little discount.

Can you custom ingrave these?

They would certainly make a nice gift for those magicians on you Christmas list.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 03:03, Bill Palmer wrote:
Actually, the prices are in Canadian dollars, so that $50 card case would only cost you $45.00 or so.

But there are questions here. Does this case actually protect the cards any better than, say a regular card case with a Porper card clip? Does it hold the cards in the card case or loose? If the cards are loose, can they get caught in the opening of the case?

Look at the gallery photos it shows the cards in their card box inside these cases. I have an attached photo.

Click here to view attached image.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks again, kammagic. You have been sharing many wonderful and unique resources that are certainly helpful to us, especially me. Those cases are really nice. Off to get one now.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Kammagic,

Thanks for the link, they are lovely, I'm gonna order one right now.
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
Beautiful cases. They certainly would make a great gift. Depending on the routine, something like this can arouse suspicion when performing magic. I, personally, would attached some sort of back story to the case itself.
Just my thoughts.