The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Card guard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
2hot
View Profile
New user
Sydney
89 Posts

Profile of 2hot
Hey I want to put something fancy on my card guard. Has this topic been discussed yet? If so can someone post the link. If not...let the ideas come rolling in.
I've already signed my card guard (I'm kind of obsessed with my signature). I want to put a picture or some nice words onto the card guard. Any suggestions?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Card guard? did you get that from penguin? Anyways, this topic was discussed, but it was with a Porper Card Clip. Those are much better quality, and keep your cards like new. If you were going to get something engraved, I would get a Porper, but, since you got a card guard, we'll go with that. You have ur name on it. Maybe you could go to a magic convention and if you see your favorite magican, then he/she could sign it. Do you like the black tiger deck? Maybe you could get a tiger like that engraved in it. Just a few thoughts. But I think that the Porper is much better and if I where going to get something engraved, it would be that. -Cory.
joeytsai
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of joeytsai
Why would you protect something worth less than $3 with something that costs $30? I don't understand the logic.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
WOW! You can get cards for 3 dollars? Where is that? I don't know where you come from, but where I am its like 5 bucks for a deck of bikes! I know, it doesn't make much sense, but us magicians go thru a lot of cards, and the Porper card clip makes the cards last about twice as long, it is a good deal in the future saving all that money from all the cards you would have been spending on.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 14:27, themagicman101 wrote:
WOW! You can get cards for 3 dollars? Where is that? I don't know where you come from, but where I am its like 5 bucks for a deck of bikes! I know, it doesn't make much sense, but us magicians go thru a lot of cards, and the porper card clip makes the cards last about twice as long, it is a good deal in the future saving all that money from all the cards you would have been spending on.

Here in the US some magicians get their cards at Costco. They sell a dozen cards for $13 dollars.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
Costco is where I get mine. Target and Wallmart have cards for cheap also.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
And we're off and running!!!
tjo'
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Oh.. Costco. great idea. around here they sell for 5 bucks each. I gotta check out costco, that's a great deal, that's like $1.10 a deck! Thanks for the advise!
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Wow. I have no idea how much money I've saved with Porper clips. They make cards last much longer. In any case I think a metalic sharpie would work well for signing it. Just don't screw up or you'll have a crappy clip.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, that is a good idea, silver sharpie, but yes, that would really suck if ya screwed up.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 06:35, 2hot wrote:
Hey I want to put something fancy on my card guard. Has this topic been discussed yet? If so can someone post the link. If not...let the ideas come rolling in.
I've already signed my card guard (i'm kind of obsessed with my signature). I want to put a picture or some nice words onto the card guard. Any suggestions?

Check out what I have on mine.

http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com/access.html

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Themagicquest
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Califorina
57 Posts

Profile of Themagicquest
Jeff that is the coolest thing I have ever seen, my life is completed.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 14:27, themagicman101 wrote:
WOW! You can get cards for 3 dollars? Where is that? I don't know where you come from, but where I am its like 5 bucks for a deck of bikes! I know, it doesn't make much sense, but us magicians go thru a lot of cards, and the Porper card clip makes the cards last about twice as long, it is a good deal in the future saving all that money from all the cards you would have been spending on.

Go to wallmart or shoppers... it costs 2.99-3.99
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1228 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
If you want to see something fancy check out those tatoo shows on tv!
Some of that art is the bomb and a bag-o-chips!
Nevermind putting it on your ageing body, put it on a nice clip for your cards!
I like stuff with skulls, snakes and roses - too cool!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 23:25, Jeff wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 06:35, 2hot wrote:
I've already signed my card guard (i'm kind of obsessed with my signature). I want to put a picture or some nice words onto the card guard. Any suggestions?

Check out what I have on mine.

http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com/access.html

Jeff

WOW!!! That is soo cool! How did you get that printed? Im thinking of maybe enraving or geting something on my porper, what should I get, anyone have any ideas?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The problem with the clips to me is that while it keeps the cards from warping they still get dirty...

and that's why I replace the decks.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!