The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Ziplock plastic bags for cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
I like to store my cards and packet tricks in Ziplock plastic bags for safety between shows.
Mito
View Profile
Veteran user
Japan
319 Posts

Profile of Mito
Awesome! Where can I get some of those? Anyone?
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I usually store mine in a card case.

Shane Wiker
jeline
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore
150 Posts

Profile of jeline
What kind of Ziplock?
jeline
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore
150 Posts

Profile of jeline
Another idea is that you could use one of those clear change bags and then do mentalism too!!
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
What's wrong with card cases or those little plastic wallets for packet tricks? I think they look more professional than ZipLock bags.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
Can you get them in the UK?

cheers

David
I Put a Spell On You
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I do what Bob Sheets does. I take an old card box, and just crush it. That's what he does on the Killer Kilson dvd.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Plastic wallets for packet tricks in the UK? Ask your magic dealer. Although the really cheap ones can look a bit naff, you might look for leather ones instead.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/wallets/samples.pl

This is what I carry packet tricks in during performing situations which is usually one at the most and most often, Va. City Shuffle. It looks like only 2 pockets but there are 3. One is kind of invisible and can be used for switches.

It's elegant, thin, and can hold more than just cards. The pockets are larger than a card so you can hold things like a haunted pack setup, a group of gaffs, such as DF, DB, etc., a magic coin, a haunted key.

So, I usually have one packet trick and then other cards for effects like Tatoo You, Red Hot Mamma, Anniv. Waltz., 3.5 of clubs, etc.

My criteria:
Looked professional.
I didn't want something that could only be used for packet tricks. I also wanted a way to carry cards without getting them bent or ruined. Finally, there were times when I didn't have a DF for Anniv. Waltz and wished I did. Now I have everything I need in one convenient place. And the wallet is completely usable for other effects.

With a slight mod, it can be used as a card-to-wallet with no slide necessary, due to the way it's made.

The back has a special something. An idea Bill Duncan gave me. Thanks Bill.

Between shows, I usually use the plastic cases or envelopes but while performing, I'd rather use something like this and keep the Ziploc bags and plastic cases at home.

Anyway, I Hope you like it.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Very cool, Frank!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In an effort to keep things organized, I store all of my jokers and packet tricks in different Ziplock freezer bags. I also store my flash papers in them. Of course, I remove them and put them in resepctive plastic card packet or into the card case before a show. The Ziplock freezer bags help to keep cards fresh and clean, IMO.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I keep my cards in the box and when I travel with them, I put them in a porper card clip. It looks a lot more professional and nicer than Ziploc. And yes, I would assume that you can get Ziploc in the UK.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 04:06, Mito wrote:
Awesome! Where can I get some of those? Anyone?

Ziploc is a brand of plastic bags from S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc (USA). They are generally available in grocery and general merchandise stores. They come in many sizes and weights and are economical to use.

I also use many of them for more than just playing cards. They are especially good for storing real silk because the silk tends not to wrinkle even when crushed in them.

Dollar Tree sells a bag with an assortment of much smaller bags of this sort that better fit playing cards, coins and other parts and gimmicks for magic.

I have three custom made exotic leather card cases (turtle, lizzard, and osterich) I use at work. Frankly, I usually leave cards in those cases until they become soiled looking or lose their fresh feeling to handle. Then I trash them. Gimmicked cards, I keep in card sized plastic bags until they are needed in a working deck.

Cards, silks, rope, flash paper, newspapers, etc. are consumables. They are expected to be used up in the course of business. To me being too careful with them is being penny-wise but pound-foolish. Put another way it is majoring in the minors. Entertaining is the main purpose. My props are replaceable. I try not to ever take collectables or irreplaceable props on stage. When a prop is no longer available I change my act. It makes no sense for a professional entertainer to become totally dependent upon a prop or prop supplier.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com