The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Yes, another close up table question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Hello all,

I have been doing in home parties and try to set up a close up situation. I have been bringing a card table and have two spectators sit with me while the rest of the audience is in front. Much like the L&L Video/DVD sets. I will then perform a close up show as in the Don Alan sets. I was wondering, short of spending six hunderd dollars(for the Jim Zee table), where I could find a nice close up table. One that is portable, lightweight, and nice looking. Perhaps I am looking for something that does not exist, but thought I would check with the experts.

thanks,

David
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Is performing standing up an option? You can take a tip from the street workers and use a nice wooden tray stand with a padded tabletop. If you use a "tall" stand (38") and replace the webbing with adjustable straps, the braces get wider as you lower it and you can fit a 24" x 36" surface on it quite nicely.

Check my website images for an example.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Here are a few tables that might just work: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/bro......-9166408 .
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
David - Check out a Ludwig Trap Table - designed as an accessory holder for drummers. They come in various sizes, are felt covered, height adjustable and lightweight. They look quite professional. You should be able to pick one up for $100 or less. I use one for all my shows!
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Check out http://www.pmsmagic.com You can even find a folding adjustable table at home improvements and go to PMS for a custonm sized close up pad for your table. Pattrick Przysiecki
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Also, check out the tables of Tabman and Starsini.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."