The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Perfect case for your magic @ Home Depot and Lowe's cheap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Fitzy
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
14 Posts

Profile of Fitzy
Went out today and purchased one can't wait to start filling it up
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
I got one of these a few weeks ago. I like it a lot, but it is a bit heavy, even when empty. I think I may need to find something smaller for everyday use, and use this for the jobs that I need to take everything.

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
Cool, I like it.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I picked up this exact case for $5 at a flea market. Mine was used by someone to carry glass pieces around, and there was foam padding in it - no wall seperators. Don't know if the padding comes with a new one or not.

As for the glue spray, I went a differnt route ... I cut down a piece of cardboard and covered it with nice felt-like material I bought at WalMart. I then put a sign with my name on it on one side. Using some good string, I attached it to the case at the latches ... I can have the felt side out for performing, or flip it around for the sign in between shows. After the show, I just place the board into the case itself.

As for a "table stand", I got a cheap bar stool at the same flea market ... needed a few screws to make it stable again, removed the padding from the seat. It fits in my backseat, is lightweight and I can place my table on it to perform. By packing the case, I do my last trick sitting on the bar stool with the briefcase at my feet.

Just thought I'd share ....
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use a catalog case from an office supply store, with see-thru plastic boxes inside to keep things organized.
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
Ok, I off to Home Depot.

Thanks.....
Joe Pavley
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
9 Posts

Profile of Joe Pavley
Home Depot. The one stop shop for a magician. I tend to use the clear cases (for screws and nuts) for all the coins and gimmicks I have collected over the years so that I can find them when I need them. It keeps me organized. However, I wouldnt use this for a show. In fact, those silver cases everyone is talking about are great for performances, although I found that they dent easily.
"Engineers slove problems we have, magicians solve problems we didnt know we had, in ways we shouldn't understand"
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Hey guys the if you are in Queens and know where the home depot on 48 St. Northern Blvd is..then they have the same aluminum case you buy at a magic shop for only 20 bucks. It is made by Husky a tool company..go figure...but they have adjustable foam boards inside.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Just picked up the aluminum case at Lowes! Love it and love the price.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and could not find the case. I'll keep checking back, just in "case" they get them back in stock. It sounds like they are nice.

Regan
Mister Mystery
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I have the exact same case and got mine from Home Depot for 19.99 as well. I had to ask for them though they had them stuck in with the trashcans and plastic storage tubs.

Joe
trenchant
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of trenchant
You can order on-line from Lowe's. I have both the Home Depot and the Lowe's aluminum box. They are similar, but the fit and finish of the Lowe's box is better. Here's the link:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productD......VGC-5200
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Fraser asked about attaching a base to one of these. Leland already did it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~magicbystone/briefcase_table.htm

He shared in "The Workshop" forum under 'new brief case table'.

Thanks Leland!

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
But where do you get the right foam for the inside?
Logic Defied
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
I did the same thing with my briefcase and a base thing that I found at a music store. it was a drum chair and I took off the seet part and it was a square thing on the bottom with 4 holes along the side http://www.geocities.com/mattferromagic/tablestand. I drilled holes in the bottom of my briefcase and it works perfectly! (thanks for the help leland)
oh ya, I ordered mine off lowes.com
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Btw, I also found the case at Revy - home depot here in vancouver was out of stock.

a.
Logic Defied
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
For those of you who use a "bar" stool, try the folding type found at Wal-Mart. VERY sturdy, already painted black and for around ten bucks - a great deal.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have the barstool and I agree. It is a nice bargain for the money. It matches my custom made tables perfectly too.

Regan
Mister Mystery
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
I was in Aaron Brother's Art Mart the other day (I believe that is a national chain, not just local to Souther California, but I am sure any art supply store will have similar items) and noticed a variety of wooden cases intended to hold pencils, brushes, paints, and such. They range in price from about $5 to about $30, and size from 4x8x2 to attache case or tool box. Many include palettes, most have divided interiors with a large variety of niche sizes.

With a little finishing effort they could be a cool way to go...
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
elbruno
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of elbruno
I use the Lowe's case to carry my closeup magic. It works well for me.

A similar case to the Lowe's/Home Depot model (which I have not seen in those stores lately) can be found at Harbor Tool. It is aluminum with a foam interior which can be customized like the others. Instead of a silver finish, it is black with silver fittings. The price is $19.99.