The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Hot off the Press! :: USPCC upgrading their stock?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It appears that the USPCC is upgrading their stock. The following is a cut/paste from a Card forum:

So this was first mentioned on the Handlordz site for their new Pro XCM Passion deck, apparently USPCC have upgraded their stock to be 'snappier'. If this was someone else, I would probably dismiss it as hype, but after having had a brief email conversation, it would apparently look like increased competition is how having an effect and they have indeed 'upgraded' their stock...

I assume their's plenty of people that know this already, but it's definitely interesting to see..

"Hello, USPCC recently upgraded all of their paperstock to have more snap. They sent a mass email to all their customers. This is our first deck using their new stock. It's has
more snap, and is more stiff than their old stock."

"The Email said that they wanted to have a better card and tested different papers. So they recently upgraded all of their stock to a snappier stock.

In the hand it feels like it's the same thickness as an aristocrat or bicycle stock. However when you Spring it it's definitely Stiffer! It also makes a different noise when you
Riffle shuffle the cards which I found kind of funny. It's a lower pitched noise.

It does feel like it's going to last longer though, I've been working one deck constantly since I got it and it still looks great. Seems like it is chipping less too which is a
plus."
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
So will this stock be used on the standard Bicycles as well? I've been using the Turner bikes for years because the quality has been so bad.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I don't know, Pepka. I'm interested to know, however!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yes, this is an across-the-board switch to their "Bicycle" paper. This paper has gone through a few changes in the past couple of years.

USPCC has been road-testing this new stock for a year in their regular Bicycle decks. They decided recently to make the change permanent, and it is the new standard stock for their main runs of decks, as well as the main option for all custom decks moving forward.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Thanks Kevin, I'll check them out. Now if only they would give them a traditional cut I'd be happy.