The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Yellow and Green Dragon Backs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Big Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
164 Posts

Profile of Big Sam
Bike's Dragon Backs have been a mixed bag of great and awful. The cards handle well and the back designs are beautiful, but certain color choices limited their usefulness. The red deck's backs were too dark and the dragon design looked muddled. The blue deck's use of blue pips instead of red is horrendous. Only the gold deck got it right - regular colored pips and a contrasting back design where the dragons stood out.

I was excited when Playingcards.net offered a limited edition line of yellow and green dragon backs. However, after receiving my first set I'm disappointed. The backs are ok, but both suffer from the low-contrast problem - greens too dark and yellows too bright. This is a minor problem compared to the pips. Yep, instead of reds you get either yellow or green pips. Perhaps the green pips would be ok for St. Pats, but the yellow looks nasty.

The cards handle well - a little stiffer than the older dragon backs, but the sides of the deck are pretty coarse. On the good side, you get a colored and b/w joker and the ad cards have full backs for you card-splitters.

So, good for collectors, but not something I'd ever use in performance.

Sam
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes