The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Bike Dura-Flex Prestige (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
So my Doctor has me locked in my room with the humidifier running and I warped two paper decks about as quick as I could spit. On a whim I decided to try out some plastics (just for playing with) and settled on these Prestige Dura-Flex thingies because I could buy them two blocks from my house.
Let's get it out of the way- they're not paper cards. They're not identical to paper cards. They don't sound like paper cards. They will never replace paper cards for me, and I'll likely never use them for anything but practice. That said, they're not too far off in feel from paper Bikes. They're a bit slipperier, even than brand-new cards, but I got used to that quick. They're also quite a bit "flexier" than paper Bikes, Tally-Hos, or Aviators- which are the other decks I had on hand to compare them to. They do fan, even if not as well as paper cards. They don't clump together like the clear plastic ones. They're nice for just fiddling around in my humid room without worrying about them warping or wearing out. Oh, and the sound provides nice feedback- I don't know how to explain that one. All-in-all, purists will probably still hate them but I don't regret buying them for practice.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I have discovered another benefit of having these around for practice: When they get "gummy" I can just wipe them off with a damp washcloth and they come clean with no water damage.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
I must say I have fiddled with a Bicycle Prestige deck before and it was an interesting deck of cards. They handle differently then any deck I had handled before. Definitely felt like a hybrid between paper and plastic, I actually think they are a very interesting deck of cards, they don't have the handling of a paper deck like you said but they aren't far off either. They are definitely thicker but man do they feel good springing. I think its pretty cool that you found them because you needed a deck to work with in bad humidity, and I bet there are people out there who could benefit from their durability.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"