The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Card Studio :: Vintage card faces - full set in PNG or Vector? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Greetings All

I've looked through the forum but since the keywords are quite generic I haven't so far found an answer --- though I do suspect this might have been asked before. (So apologies in advance!)

Can anyone point me towards a resource for 'vintage' cards in JPG, PNG, Vector for a full deck of vintage cards? I have found this already in 'new' cards (more or less matching the typical USPCC set) but I now need to find something with a vintage look for a matching prediction. (I tried taking the modern ones and 'aging' them with grime... it half worked, but I realise that they look like new-cards-dirtied rather than anything really old.

Of course I can try and find an old old deck in an antique shop and scan them as a sheet...

Any links or resources would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

P
Killintosh
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
4 Posts

Profile of Killintosh
I have an antique deck somewhere buried in my closet. (Antique - very old, got it 10 years ago, it is probably ~20yo) It has the edges rounded from playing and is not the most clean deck, but I think as a style of the cards it should be what you are looking for. I think it was bridge size. If I make photos of all the cards or scan them in the scanner, would that be of any help?

- Toni
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, Killintosh wrote:
I have an antique deck somewhere buried in my closet. (Antique - very old, got it 10 years ago, it is probably ~20yo) It has the edges rounded from playing and is not the most clean deck, but I think as a style of the cards it should be what you are looking for. I think it was bridge size. If I make photos of all the cards or scan them in the scanner, would that be of any help?

- Toni

Thanks very much Toni - but I'm probably looking for something that's 50 or 100 years old - or at least is 'old style', so probably 20 is a bit young for this project BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OFFERING! Best regards! Patrick
Killintosh
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
4 Posts

Profile of Killintosh
Well, I will still dig them out and make a photo of the deck. Who knows, my estimation might be wrong or the style might fit. Better to share. I'd be happy if I can help. If not, I wish you luck with your project Patrick!
Best regards!
Toni
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Buy erdnase with solid back with zebra pattern. They have old faces.