The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Word by Scott Wells :: 535: Michael Godard - An Artist's Perspective (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
And now, for something completely different to give us "food for thought" near the end of the year. As creative magicians, we should always look to other creative types outside our art to see what "makes them tick." I recently traveled to Las Vegas and sat down in the home of the number one leading artist in worldwide sales, Michael Godard. As stated on his website, the decision to become a full-time painter came later in his life, after stints as a mechanical engineer, commercial illustrator, caricature artist and successful entrepreneur. Nothing came easy...he fought his way into an art career, inventing his own one-of-a-kind style. His martini art features olives, grapes and other frisky characters busily expressing Godard's slightly off-kilter point of view. With plenty of talent to challenge the 'serious' artists, Michael Godard took his own path instead, and chose to "learn all the rules, and then break them".

This was a fun conversation that took place in his home in Las Vegas. Well, we actually recorded this in his recording studio where he recently let a few friends in for recording (i.e. Lady Gaga and Nine Inch Nails). You can enjoy our chat and learn something along the way by listening to this week's podcast at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......5-godard

And be sure to order your 2020 Magic Calendar while you're at our site.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net