The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Depository :: Puzzling Card Back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
daviddelrey
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of daviddelrey
Hi,

Puzzling for me, perhaps obvious to someone in this group. Does anyone know what brand of cards these (attached) would be?

Thanks in advance,

S

Click here to view attached image.
daviddelrey
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of daviddelrey
No ideas?
MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
I looked at it for a couple of hours last night and couldn't come up with anything. Thought it was some kind of strange Bee variant. Tried the easiest thing, image search, which turned up zero matches. Searched on Portfolio52 using several different descriptions and came up empty. Can you provide anything else like how/where you acquired it, pics of the tuck case or pics of the ace of spades, jokers, court cards, that sort of stuff?
daviddelrey
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of daviddelrey
Max - Great minds think alike. I too thought it was some sort of Bee variant but can find no corroborating evidence. My image search too turned up nothing.

It is part of a pack that came with Joe Berg's Mento Card Box, and old one.... Does that shed any light at all?

I really appreciate your assistance!

S
MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
Since they came as part of a piece of apparatus it is possible that the cards were a one-off that were specifically made for this singular purpose. I would still like to see a few pics of the other side of the cards...any chance you could upload a few?
Googoomafint11
View Profile
New user
I actually have more than only
28 Posts

Profile of Googoomafint11
What's the quality of the card like? Just wondering whether it might be possible someone just chucked in a card from a cheap copy of a Bee deck maybe...
Error 404
Code _signature_ not found
trickbooks
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of trickbooks
I don’t recognize this, but would encourage you to take a look at the throwing card blog: https://throwingcards.blogspot.com

We try to document as many card backs as possible.

Gary Brown
MudMedic
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
41 Posts

Profile of MudMedic
It reminded me of the Victoria cards...made in China and sold in bulk. Good quality for a cheap deck.

Although the pattern seems a little different.