The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Depository :: Fooled By All Plastic Playing Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Soumyajit
View Profile
Regular user
Under Your Bed
130 Posts

Profile of Soumyajit
So as I had mentioned in a post, the regular brands of cards (it's the only brand of cards every shopkeeper around here keeps, god knows why) I am getting here were not up to the mark and I was not liking them. The Bikes I am getting from US will fall into my hands on Friday. In the meanwhile, I decided to get a little adventurous and search for any different brand of cards.

I finally found a brand conveniently called "Godfather" (Vinni would be happy). These come in sturdy plastic designer cases while the deckss are placed in cellophane packets. The cards also had white borders, mmmm, I thought this must be stuff magicians around here use, so I bought a deck.

Boy o boy, was I fooled. By all plastic I did not think identity card cover plastic. The cards fly out of your hand if you are a little absent minded. They fan on their own. Cannot put a bend on them so some of the tricks I practice cannot be done with them. Once they fall on the floor they cannot be picked up. If you do table cuts, the second packet slips to the table and does not stay on top of the first packet. They bend on their own while shuffling but not when you want them to bend.

Sigh...

Soumayjit
Visit my site at : www.ulpnet.com
alecStephenson
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of alecStephenson
Yeah I've done that before. "Oh, so that's what they mean by plastic"
Still, they have some uses.
I wonder if they melt if you put a hair dryer on them (rushes off to try...)
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Yeah, as a poker player, I've grown somewhat accustomed to plastic decks as far as shuffling and dealing goes, but they are not meant for magic. Can it be done? Sure, but at what cost? (especially considering a nice deck of Copag's will run you @$20 us).
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2017, jefkve wrote:
as a poker player

I play cards too, so along these lines I know if we are using a plastic deck - the ability to cheat is much harder given the difficulty I have handling these cards. Makes me feel a little safer Smile