The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: El sol es el mejor torero (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
According to Hemingway, the Spanish say, “El sol es el mejor torero.” The sun is the best bullfighter, and without the sun the best bullfighter is not there. He is like a man without a shadow.

And is there anything more miserable than a magician without a shadow? One who does not step out into the light and perform for the public.

Here I am talking to myself. It is too cold here to go out, so I might go to Spain for a few or two.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
While I am a professional Magician and can agree real public performances is a must for all professionals, I have to say that not all who practice Magic wish to even go semi professional.

Thus, they don't HAVE TO perform for a proper public audience. Unless of course you count friends and family as the public.

Some just do it for fun, some are historians etc.

But that's just my opinion.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am an amateur card guy. From the French amateur "one who loves, lover" is one who does something for the love it. When we are not busy, I will normally go for a walk along the canal at the back of our joint to a billiard hall and along the way there a joints where I can do a few card tricks for the crowd just for fun. However, it has been really cold and wet here these last few weeks and my feet and hands are freezing by the time I get anywhere. This miserable weather affects the spirit. This is the winter of our discontent. And as I speak the sun comes out.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy