The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Where Can I See Magic Shows in South Korea for My Kids? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Hey there, fellow magic enthusiasts!

I'm planning a family trip to South Korea and I've got two young aspiring magicians in tow - my kids! We'll be visiting Lotte World and other theme parks, and I'd love to surprise them with some amazing magic shows during our trip.

If you have any recommendations for places in South Korea, particularly in or around Lotte World, where we can catch fantastic magic performances suitable for children, I'd greatly appreciate it. Whether it's within the theme park itself or in the vicinity, any tips or insights on kid-friendly magic shows would be awesome.

Additionally, if you know of any magic-themed attractions or experiences for kids in South Korea, please share those too. I want to make this trip magical for them in every possible way!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Thanks Ed! Those shows look amazing. Do you think my kids, aged 8-10, would enjoy the skill level? I haven't been either so it's helpful to get input. We'll be using a guide otherwise - would the shows be accessible enough without knowing Korean? I actually searched online about hiring a tour guide in South Korea and bumped into this article https://gowithguide.com/blog/hiring-a-gu......ons-5288 I think we'll get one. I'm planning to use a guide for some of the other attractions we want to hit up anyway.

Hoping to make our trip really magical.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2023, magicalday wrote:
Thanks Ed! Those shows look amazing. Do you think my kids, aged 8-10, would enjoy the skill level? I haven't been either so it's helpful to get input. We'll be using a guide otherwise - would the shows be accessible enough without knowing Korean? I actually searched online about hiring a tour guide in South Korea and bumped into this article https://gowithguide.com/blog/hiring-a-gu......ons-5288 I think we'll get one. I'm planning to use a guide for some of the other attractions we want to hit up anyway.

Hoping to make our trip really magical.

I have no clue as to the skill levels of the magicians or whether your children will enjoy them. I just did a Google search, which you could have done as easily.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Hey Ed, no worries - I appreciate you taking the time to reply and provide those initial links. You're right that I could have Google searched myself too. Since kids can be picky with entertainment, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for opinions from people who may have attended some shows.

My kids are really into magic right now (lord help me keep up with all the tricks they try teaching me!) so I'm hoping a professional performance will blow their little minds. Of course, I'll check out reviews too to get a sense of what's most suitable age-wise.

At the end of the day, I just want our family trip to create happy memories. A guide should take the stress out of navigation too. Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Fair enough. I hope you have a good time.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
My wife’s best friend goes there quite often because her two sons have moved over there from England. I don’t know if they are into magic or not but my wife can ask her later.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is a Magic Cafe Bagdad in western Seoul, which sounds odd.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Hey tommy, thanks for the additional info about the Magic Café™ Bagdad! That does sound like an intriguing spot that might have some leads.

Bagdad is kind of an unusual name - do you know anything more about the cafe's theme or vibe? I'm guessing it may have a magic history or performance element if it's called "Magic Cafe." Could be a neat experience just to check out.

Definitely let your wife know I appreciate her asking her friend too. Any local insider knowledge could help uncover shows or attractions I might not find otherwise.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Magicalday,

One thing you could do is. There are some magic shops in South Korea. Do a search for ‘magic shops in south korea’
and maybe you can get in touch with them, and they could give you a list of shows there.

Also, kids ages 8-10 will enjoy just about any stage type magic, especially the large illusions shows.

Tom
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Thanks for sharing that article Tommy! the Magic Café™ Bagdad sounds perfect.

It seems like a really cool place with magic shows and memorabilia my kids would get a kick out of. And it's run by a famous magician so they may know of other kid-friendly performances too.

Would definitely be worth stopping by during our trip. Please let me know if your wife's friend has any other local recommendations as well.

Appreciate you taking the time to provide this lead!
magicalday
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicalday
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2023, TomBoleware wrote:
Magicalday,

One thing you could do is. There are some magic shops in South Korea. Do a search for ‘magic shops in south korea’
and maybe you can get in touch with them, and they could give you a list of shows there.

Also, kids ages 8-10 will enjoy just about any stage type magic, especially the large illusions shows.

Tom

Thanks Tom, those are great suggestions! I'll definitely look up magic shops in Korea.

Reaching out directly is smart. Good to know kids that age typically enjoy big illusion style acts too. That'll really help narrow down show options.

I appreciate you both taking the time to provide these helpful tips. It'll make planning magical surprises for my kids' trip so much easier.